MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: ruger mark 4 22/45 i'm in love with this pistol!!

Boolit Bub

ruger mark 4 22/45 i'm in love with this pistol!!

I decided to try one of these new ruger mark 4 22/45 pistols and after leaving the gun shop and making a turn off to where I deer hunt there's a nice spot to pull off the trail and shoot so I tried this gun out dirty out of the box with cosmoline and not cleaned I was very impressed at how accurate this gun performed and how it worked without fail! so that night I cleaned it which was easy to do with the one button take down and easy to put together! so my friend came over and now he's gonna buy one too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ruger 22.jpg   ruger mark 4.jpg  

I am glad to hear this. My experience with these has not been positive. I am a big Ruger fan, but I have had huge issues with both the target model MKIV and the 22/45 MKIV. Failure to fire. Failure to eject, and a Handful of other issues. Volquartsen parts have saved the day, but it has been frustrating to spend an extra $200 just to get them to work.

Maybe Ruger has gotten enough gripes that they have addressed these issues.
    Last edited by BNE; 03-10-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Bub
    this one loves the winchester m-22 shoots tight groups and works great no issues!

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a MK IV, 22/45 target and it's a tack driver. The MK IV, 22/45 Lite I also have isn't nearly as accurate for whatever reason. I did put the Volquartsen trigger kit in each of them. No FTF or FTE issues with either pistol using CCI Blazer, Mini Mags or Federal ammo. I'm able to shoot the 22/45 Target with open sights just about as well as my MK II Target with a red dot out to 30 yards or so and the 22/45 is lighter and easier to carry in a holster. I really like mine.

I don't have a Mk IIII, might be never will. What I do have is a pair of Mk III 22/45's that I feel exactly the same about.

Just that once every 4 or 5 years I have to get the wife to read the instructions while I put it back together.

In between there is nothing I can't keep clean/lube with a qtip.

Magazines need stripping down more often. Build up of lube means they start getting funky. But its only a 5 minute job, no big deal.

Both of them will put 10 rounds into a pop bottle top at a reasonable rate of fire at 20 feet without touching the outer plastic on a good day. Say what you like if your aiming at eyeballs that is going to ruin some poeple's day.

Yes it would be nice to have the 4's, but I have not figured out how to switch without costing me a bunch of money.

Boolit Master
    I don't have the MarkIV either, but like Ghosthawk have a MkIII 22/45. Mine is the Target model.
    With the exception of that "back strap lever" for take down/field strip, which can be a booger to deal with at times, for "me" anyway, it is a fine handgun & I like it a lot.

I have had no issues with its operations, & I hope that the new MK4 you just got, treats you well too!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

I agree and like mine allot too!!
    Good luck with yours!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I have had 4 Rugers, a MK 1 slim long barrel, A Mark I with a 5" heavy barrel, a Mark II(?) Government, and I now have a Mark II SS 22/45 with the slim barrel. All but the 22/45 shot excellent with the Government model being the most accurate of the bunch(I suspect the long 6 7/8 " barrel had a lot to do with that because of its much longer sight radius). The 22/45 shot okay but not as well as the others and It just might be my fault as grip angle just does not feel right in my hand. I like the Rugers and have since I bought my first one in 63. james

Boolit Master
    I have a MK III and believe I'll keep it......Had it for several years.The only issue that I've ever had with it was that the front sight came loose. A drop of blue LocTite solved that problem.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

I've had a Mark II Target for 35yrs. Excellent trigger out of the box. Clean it every 500rds, had never a PROBLEM.

Put in excess of 100,000rds thru it. Cleaning mags is important. Easy to take apart. Still need a rawhide mallet to seperate the upper/lower.

Some folks too lazy to read takedown directions. It's really easy. Up,down pull trigger and close takedown lever.
    Last edited by Walks; 03-07-2019 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Auto-correct
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I have a MK II that shoots like a dream. Takedown gives me the sweats though. Reassembly gives me the sweats. I can't wait to move to a free state and get a MK IV with a threaded barrel so I can celebrate freedom with a suppressor. And, easy one button takedown.
    USMC VETERAN
    NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Boolit Mold
    I have a mark II and a mark III . Both 22/45 . Each has had the extractors replaced with positive results. Most magazine problems I have had was not being fully seated .

Boolit Grand Master

I foolishly traded a mark 2 target in on a mark 3 Pistol. I didn’t care for the euro style mag release, the mark 3 I had was a piece of junk. Sold it. Had so many issues with a buck mark years ago I just let time pass. Eventually picked up a Mark 3 Hunter 5.5” and it has become my go to Pistol for 22 plinking. Much more handy than the longer hunter series and is accurate and reliable. I loved it so much I bought the mark 4 hunter with longer barrel. I placed a Burris FF3 on it and it is also a tack driver. Both are reliable and will only occasionally have a FTF/FTE. The Mk3 has the best trigger I’ve ever had from and out of the box mark series.

Boolit Grand Master

I have one of the 22 45s with the 8" slab sided heavy barrel ( If memory serves it was a special run for Davidsons or lipseys). I did tune the trigger up some but it is exceptionally accurate with federal 711 or the old cmp 22 surplus ammo.