MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8mm Sporters at Cabela's

Boolit Master
    Out of boredom I went to Cabela's yesterday afternoon. Now they have a bunch of zavasta 12 gauge double barrel shotguns in nra ratty condition I think they were 299.99

Boolit Master
    I dropped by our local Cabelas today, and they got in a large number of Mosin-Nagant rifles again. Still $399 each though. Not sure about condition of the bores as they had trigger locks on and they cable tied the bolts down too. So one can't peek in the bore easily. They only had one 8mm sporter rifle left of the rack though. It was missing the sling mounts. It did look like they got some Zavasta shotguns in too. The over under I looked at had the bead sight broken off.

Boolit Master
    Ya, a buddy of mine that worked at cabelas for a while as a part time hobby job told me the guy who ordered all the mosin-nagants got sacked over them. It seems he ordered several thousand of them at the current retail price. Which is why they are trying to get 400.00 bucks for a miss-matched, round top mosin with a badly beat up stock.

Boolit Mold
    Yeah, now that Bass Pro owns Cabelas, it's cable tied bolts and trigger locks and they wont remove them for an inspection prior to purchase. So it's sorry dude, we dont have a return policy on used rifles. I've seen that in action.

Boolit Master

There is a sure cure for the bolt tie and no return policy. Tell the Store Manager why, Walk out and don't look back. That has always been the way I handle it. Just ask Dick's.

Boolit Buddy

Got a really nice BYF 45 obendorf target rifle in 8x57 with Williams peep sight that really is a gem! Anyone wanting one let me know! Custom stock and awesome bluing let someone give it a new home!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Banned

We drove over to KC to visit #2 son today and I swung through there on the way back. They still had a few of these, but I'm broke right now. Might go back sometime.

These are decently done sporters. About the only thing bad is they still have the military safeties, I'd have to put one of the low swing types on it. As stated, trigger locks prevent being able to tell much else. This Cabela's has allowed the removal for me to look down bores before, not sure if they still will or not, I didn't ask.

Boolit Mold
    I sent an email to corporate about that garbage. They replied that it's for the safety of their customers. What kind of **** is that ? Looks like the lawyers are now running Cabelas.

Up here in Canada we have a distributor who has been importing lots of sporters from Europe. Lots are in 8x57, but there are lots of 9.3x57's and other calibres too. I bought one in 9x57mm since I have lots of .35 calibre moulds ...

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/95

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Up here in Canada we have a distributor who has been importing lots of sporters from Europe. Lots are in 8x57, but there are lots of 9.3x57's and other calibres too. I bought one in 9x57mm since I have lots of .35 calibre moulds ...

No wonder we don't have any of them here in the US to buy, you guys up in Canada got them all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post

I wander thru their website every now and then even though I know I can't buy anything from them. We have a vendor here in the US that sells similar stuff, but their prices seem to have taken a jump recently. Nice looking rifle you have there, actually every rifle I have seen you post has been nice lookin'!!

Thanks ... I've been fairly lucky and had some "jewels" come my way for sure. I bought a couple of the HVA Rolling Block sporters in 8x58R Danish Krag at the right prices when they first got them too. (Later on as they got scarcer they raised the prices.) I was lucky enough to get two nice examples with perfect bores and the one that I've shot so far with an old Lyman heavy 8mm boolit shoots very well.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    That 9x57 is a sweet cartridge. I wanted one of those husky 9x57 so bad I could taste it and feel it in my hands. But enough is enough!! I will enjoy them thru others. I do have a 35 caliber unchambered barrel for my vz24 and maybe it will become a 9x57!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123