Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hi Point Carbine

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    High Point high cap mags. https://redballsports.net/
    Unfortunately I see no 10mm in there.

Banned
    I can say that the 45acp carbine will shoot round nose or semi wad cutters without a problem.

I have had and used a pair of the Red Ball 9mm boomerang mags for the last couple of years. No problems, period. Knowing they have the Hipoint seal of approval makes all the difference for me.

I sold one of those 20 rd mags to my shooting partner when he bought a spare 9mm carbine off me.

Well I just reordered another 9mm, and 3 of the .45acp single to double stack 20 rounders.

108$ with free shipping and I'm looking forward to testing them.

Boolit Master

Finally did new grouping pics. All my carbines now have optics. The 45 has an old weaver steel tube one. I love it. The 40 group is low, I used a different load to zero the scope. 50 yards they were done at. Using up some old loads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8318.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	244485
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I bought the Ruger pc9 recently and a cabelas prismatic optic. Groups like your .45 pic at 50 yds from a rest, about like your 9 and 10mm at 100 using 124 gr factory loads. Love this thing. A one shot group at about 70 yds on 100 lb hog with 124 gr Sellier and Bellot JSP in the airbags put it down, ran a couple of circles and dead in 15 seconds. Got some .356 124 gr flat point hitec coated loads that still need some work. Pretty hot with 6.6 gr HS-6 but accuracy not quite there yet. Boolit not seating perfectly straight, getting some shaving on one side. Did I say I love this little rifle? Was hoping for multiple close encounters in swampy areas but hogs were MIA.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

My experience with the Hipoint .45acp looks a lot the same as your target.

More of them closer together, much more 'one ragged hole" compared to the others.
    Your targets show me pretty much the same thing.

At close range both the .40sw and 9mm will eat out the center of a 2" stick on bullseye. But at 25 yards they start drifting out.

The .45acp is the only one of the bunch I have even shot at 75 yards. And at that range they still made a very nice tight group. Which is a part of the reason it is my favorite of them all. And is IMO accurate enough at 75 yards and closer to be a hunting rifle. It would be good in the brush.

I did finally invest in a couple of the Red Ball Double stack to single stack 20 round .45acp magazines, and replacled one 9mm mag with a 20 while I was at it. Have not tested them yet. But they cycle through by hand with no issues so I expect no real problems.

Kind of nice to be able to double your firepower.

Boolit Master

I want to load up some 200 grain SWC in 45, With CFE pistol 8 grains and see how it does at 100 yards.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had a 4595 carbine for years now, they are just plain fun to shoot, kids love it digests anything and everything you feed it. I'd get a hi -cap magazine but that would just put me farther behind on loading!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Mold
    I really like my 4595. Bought it on sale for less than 300.00 a couple of years ago. Put an Aimpiont rmr on it that on sale cost more the carbine.
    It is a hoot to shoot and a fine home defense weapon.
    It really likes Miha's 200 grain flat points loaded with 5.2 grains of 231.

Boolit Grand Master

Just ordered a RedBall 20rd to give a try, if it works a couple more may be in order.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    I finally got to shoot my high point over the past couple of weeks, and with the exception of magazine troubles, I was impressed! It shot more accurately than expected, as well as shooting some under powered loads with few hitches. the only major problem was the magazine.... the floor plate came off, and the little lock piece disappeared. the piece itself doesn't appear to be available, so I will make something that will, hopefully, work better. Not bad for a rifle that only cost me 160 bucks!!

Boolit Master

Call Hi-point they will send you a new mag. There customer service is outstanding.
    One round at a time.

Hi-point 45acp

They are back!!! Got the pictures of the pigs yesterday and the raccoons. Raccoons are eating four gallons of corn in the PVC high feeder every time we look at it. Definitely planning to use the Hi-point carbine in 45 ACP same boolits used in the target picture to "harvest the big sows" that do not look like sows pulled down in weight having litters. The shot will be about 20 yards in the small area of the feeder. May be able to get two shots before the pigs vamalose. If sucessful getting the pigs reduced to the freezer, we will have a BarBQued Pig Party for the Happy Strings Ukelele Band that I am a member of.
    Will keep you posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pigs 07-09-2019 026.jpg   20180810_113429.jpg  

Boolit Master

Happy all 'round!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Both my hi point 45acp had nasty looking barrels , went to the local gunshop and he told me it looked liked the bluing salts when he did barrels , I polished both up with a lot of strokes with different polish compounds , both shot ok before but they looked like heck they still shoot ok but look much better.

I called and discussed it with a customer service rep. he made a comment that the 45acp barrels went through a extra step but he would pass information to shop, they should have been polished before they left , neither 40s&w or 9mm looked like that inside, still like them but probably will not buy anymore.

Boolit Grand Master

Got the Red Ball 20 Rd 45 magazine in yesterdays mail, just got back from testing it for function, 100 rds no malfunctions. It is a thumb buster to load though, hoping it will break in and load a little easier. A couple years ago I bought a ProMag 14 rd magazine for this carbine, after a few months I ended up smacking it once with framing hammer and throwing the *** in the dumpster, no comparison to this Red Ball.
    Charter Member #148

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I can say that the 45acp carbine will shoot round nose or semi wad cutters without a problem.
    Not a bad gun for the money

Boolit Grand Master

So I decided to clean my carbine, can't find the take down/adjustment tool that came with it, grew legs I guess. I called Hi Point and the nice lady on the phone said they would put a couple in the mail to me, wouldn't accept payment for them. So I hung up the phone and went into town and bought the 45 pistol and an extra magazine. It just makes you feel better about spending your money on their products when they go above and beyond to make sure the customer is satisfied, brings back memories of yesteryear. What a great company to do business with!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

There customer service is awesome. I bought i used 40 pistol it would lock open every time you fired it. I sent it in. They fixed it. Easy fix just a spring. But out and back in 8 days. They sent a spare mag and tuned the whole gun up even polished the feed ramp.
    One round at a time.

I’ve seen a few of these for sale used lately for around 100$!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345