MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Carbine

Boolit Grand Master
    Those groups are not that bad for what these guns cost.

But until they will take Glock magazines, it is unlikely I would buy one. Ruger made the smart call there on their carbine.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I think the Mags are cheap enough, I got two 9mm factory mags and a carrier that attaches to the butt for about $50.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    I think the Mags are cheap enough, I got two 9mm factory mags and a carrier that attaches to the butt for about $50.
    The cost of magazines is not important that me. It is just very convenient to have one magazine that works in both firearms. In a self defense situation, it becomes more important.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    The cost of magazines is not important that me. It is just very convenient to have one magazine that works in both firearms. In a self defense situation, it becomes more important.
    I agree so better buy carbine and pistol both!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

It's not the guns. It's my loads. The 10 i zeroed in on neer max loads with blue dot. Soon learned cases don't last long that way. Those were loaded with titegroup. The 40 and 9mm were zeroed in before i started loading. I used winchester white box on them. The 45 i been loading with CFE since i ran out of 700x. I liked CFE all my 45's like it so i stayed with it. I need to work on loads for the other carbines. The tite group has been working for my other handguns at least in the corresponding calibers.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Just a fyi, there is a easy conversion to get the 45 to take 1911 magazines. Few minutes to install and if anything, the slightly higher presentation angle seems to feed smoother for my hi-point.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Also the Hi-point 45 mags 10mm will work in them.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Well found something out. Might not have been just the loads. My son had the 9 out and said it's off lol. He checked the scope mounts. Loose on the picatinny. I checked the others, They all needed some snugging up. I'll run another grouping when my wrist is ready and post em up.
    One round at a time.

Banned
    Friends laughed at my HP 9MM until they shot it. Not the prettiest most streamline firearm but the appetite and groups it produced make them forget their first impressions.

Boolit Master

My step son used to make fun of my Hi-points. One day he said you shoot them often and they don't break. I guess there ok after all. I just grinned. I bought a Bersa thunder recently. He goes why did you buy a Bersa. there cheap guns. I said remember what you said about Hi-points? Oh yeah he said. Then i said you been buying Kahr there cheap guns lol.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Man
    I appreciate all the replies, sounds like an addiction!

Boolit Master
    Well i did get mine. But i am having a problem with the factory mag. With a full magazine. As the bolt is closing the bullet nose angles down. And is pushed tight against the front curve of the magazine.
    My first try at fixing the problem. Will be to lessen the angle of the 2 upper fingers on the mag. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I haven read all of the posts since my first one. I will go back and read them to see if others have had the same problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Well i did get mine. But i am having a problem with the factory mag. With a full magazine. As the bolt is closing the bullet nose angles down. And is pushed tight against the front curve of the magazine.
    My first try at fixing the problem. Will be to lessen the angle of the 2 upper fingers on the mag. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I haven read all of the posts since my first one. I will go back and read them to see if others have had the same problem.
    What profile is the bullet...RN, HP ?

I suggest you polish/smooth/stone off the sharp edges of the mag lips before bending them.
    That's what usually works for me.
    jmo
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master

I took the 10mm out today. Changed the optic. Put the BDC scope on another rifle. But anyways. It would not zero. I looked to see if the mounts were tight. They were. I checked for wiggle. The dang pic rail flexes. Going to see if it's just loose then. Now i have the bore soaking in eds red. And them comp soaking in PB blaster. It's leaded. I'll try again after i get it tightened up.
    One round at a time.

Banned
    Still happy after years of having the 45 carbine. Purchased their longer mags tweeked them a touch and they work fine. My brothers AR 45 acp is still having problems. The Hi Point functions fine but its still ugly as hell.

Ugly is as ugly does.

I prefer "Utilitarian" no extras, no extra money spent to make them look like something they are not.
    But you are not paying for something you don't need either.

A tool is a tool, I dont need my hammers to look pretty.

AS long as they do the job correctlyl

As long as they keep being 100% reliable and put the bullet where I want it I'm ok with that. YMMV

Boolit Master

Checked the rail screws. They were loose. So were the ones on my 4595. The 4095 and 995 were fine. I put blue loctite on the 45 and 10mm.
    One round at a time.

That should cure the problem.
    When it comes to mounting screws, blue loctite is your friend.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Those groups are not that bad for what these guns cost.

But until they will take Glock magazines, it is unlikely I would buy one. Ruger made the smart call there on their carbine.
    In their defense they had made the magazines different in order to be able to sell the guns in the anti-gun states. But it seems they are finally starting to give up on that and are selling higher capacity magazines for some of the guns now.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

High Point high cap mags. https://redballsports.net/
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast