Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Trying to find a sling swivel clamp

Boolit Buddy

Trying to find a sling swivel clamp

Trying to find a clamp on barrel mounted sling swivel stud like the one shown but needs to fit a .940-.950 OD barrel. Not having much luck, anyone know if this beast exists? If not I may have to break down and solder on a threaded pedestal to receive a machine thread QD stud. Trying to avoid heat because the barrel is finished with duracoat. The largest uncle Mikes I can find is .900" but I don't think there is enough metal there to lap it out to .945"ish

Attachment 236689

Boolit Grand Master

How about spacing it out with a shim between the 2 halfs and cutting the stud end down to fit the swivel again. with the clearance between swivel and stud it might not take much to bring back. THe shim could be made glued or soldered into the split and then the swivel refinished. Once sized it would take very little lapping to bring the clamp in to size.

Grovtec makes a clamp-on barrel band sling swivel base that fits .9755"-1.025" barrels (part # GTSW202):

https://grovtec.com/collections/barr...nt=51566863508

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    UNCLE MIKE'S makes a magnum band sling swivel. I have a set but they only fit
    on barrels with .800-.850 dia barrels. The part number on this one is QD 115 SG2 set
    no 1593. I think that they have larger sizes. I think they are still in business.
    google them and see.
    webfoot10

Boolit Master
    Uncle Mike's also makes a larger size of this clamp. I believe their part number is #15912. These fit barrels measuring .850-.900" diameter. Uncle Mikes advertises this clamp as being a fit for most 12 gauge shotgun barrels. Yes, that is smaller than you need but the clamps may allow you to heat and slightly bend the sides to match your barrel's contour. With a bit of luck they may mount on your barrel without alteration. I put one on a H&R Handi-Rifle barrel (caliber 444 Marlin) and it works well there. Hope this helps your search.

Boolit Master

Use a piece of round stock with OD size of your barrel. Heat the Uncle Mikes clamp to red hot then form around the round stock. Refinish the Uncle Mikes with Duracoat .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    Use a piece of round stock with OD size of your barrel. Heat the Uncle Mikes clamp to red hot then form around the round stock. Refinish the Uncle Mikes with Duracoat .
    I like the way you think!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!