RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: WTT: Lee .309 230gr 5R for .300 BLK subs + brass

Boolit Buddy

WTT: Lee .309 230gr 5R for .300 BLK subs + brass

Hey all—

I'm building my first .300 BLK AR, and want to shoot primarily subs through it. The Lee .309" 230gr 5R with the boattail is the commonly recommended bullet, and looks great to me. That said, just enough people have reported problems with it that I want to try some before buying the mold. I'm thinking if I can get 60 or so of these bullets, I can do enough testing to decide if that's the right mold for me.

I also have no brass for .300 BLK and will need 1 piece of FL sized brass for each bullet. So ideally 60 bullets and 60 pieces of brass. I can do my own powder coating, so bare lead is preferred.

In exchange for these, I have the following options to offer. If any of these interest you and we can arrange something, let me know:

-Range pickup brass in .380 ACP/9mm/.40/10mm/.45 ACP/.223 Rem
    -Clip-on-wheel weight alloy lead (raw weights, or fluxed ingots)
    -Stick-on-wheel weight alloy lead (raw weights or fluxed ingots)
    -Lee .356" 95gr RF TL bullets (50/50 COWW and SOWW)
    -Lee .356" 124gr RN TL bullets (same alloy as the 95gr; but my mold is modified to drop bullets just shy of .358")
    -Lee .312" 185gr RN bullets (COWW alloy, heat treat for hardening, and/or installing gas checks available)
    -Lee .225" 55gr FP bullets (COWW alloy, heat treat for hardening, and/or installing gas checks available)
    Currently in the process of developing the "perfect" cast .223 load for my AR-15. Click here to follow my progress

Boolit Buddy

Hello Bhuij

I have this mold and another mold that has the boat tail drilled out to create a plain base. I have a couple hundred of each as cast. I have not had the alloy I cast these in checked as of yet. I keep procrastinating on this and getting a set of pencils to perform a simple hardness test. The alloy does appear to be around COWW in hardness or harder as the ingots have a ring to them when dropped.

If you are interested in any of these just PM me and we can work something out.

Mike