Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single Six 32 HR mag anyone?

Boolit Buddy
    I dont own one, nor have I ever shot one, but since you said it.....I think I need one! I sold my old single six in 22 a long while back, been missing it. I’ve been craving another single action and I’ve been craving a small center fire cartridge. This would fit the bill quite well.

Moderator Emeritus

I have an SSM and sold a 327 Fed. If I need more in that size handgun I will jump in diameter. The 32 H&R is accurate, though mine improved a lot with a grip change and is adequate for anything under 40 lb I see.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned

my 4 5/8s shoots great.

Boolit Master
    Froggie:
    The 120gr bullets weigh about 124 grains when powder coated, from both of the 2 NOE molds I use. (I cast 9 at a time.) The alloy measures at 9 BHN (thus a little heavier) because the powder coating means I don't have to make harder and more expensive alloys. The .32 Single 6 prefers .311, and my .327 Single 7 prefers .312. LOA is 1.370" for the .32 H&R and 1.500" for the .327 Mag. Cylinder length is the controlling factor. The .327 feeds fine in a Henry .327 carbine- the .32 not so much. I have played with Unique, Bullseye, 231, 2400, AA5, AA7, H110. I have settled on about 950 fps for the .32 H&R with the 311008, 1100-1200 with the .327 in a 4 5/8 Single Seven, 1500 fps in the Henry. Fun caliber to load/shoot, and one bullet works for all my needs.
    Loren

Boolit Master

I picked up a Single Seven in a trade last summer. It's flat out the most fun I've had with a handgun in a long time. My only regret is I should have gotten a hollow point mold for it. I picked up the Arsenal 133 gr Keith and the 98 gr DEWC molds for it. That DEWC is a thing of beauty. The 133 gr Keith is a monster. I've got a load that's giving me just a hair under 1300 fps.

I had a chance in October to use it on a feral hog. Not a big hog, a nice 120 lb yearling. That 133 gr Keith made it DRT.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    I have a 6 1/2 inch one. I have only shot it with .32long. very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I have 2 boxes of .32 mag. brass. this summer I mite work with it and the 110 grain hp bullet I use in my .32-20 rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12