Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate press ??

Banned

Lightbulb The ultimate press ??

This why people buy Audis and Benzs !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkOVjayYvo

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not have a lot of internet capacity so only watched a bit of it. Once I saw it was a single stage, I lost all interest.

I do not need anything better than either my RC or Co-Ax for loading accurate rifle rounds. Something that will run faster and/or better than my 1050's would be interesting.
    Don Verna

Banned
    You shuda watched it all. The performance (as measured) was beyond anything made over here. (cept maybe Wilson)

If it won't begin producing ammunition to proper specs automatically by voice commands, then it isn't the ultimate press.

Boolit Grand Master

Looking at it in the pictures it would be an easier press to make by a home machinist. Bolt the base plate slide and top plate together on short shafts and the die opening ram hole bushing and center plate can be bored on location and size. The alignment is a plus and ball bushing are meant to run in a interference fit of .001-.002 on the shafts the 3 shaft design also allows for better alignment. A set of wipers or seals on the bushing might be nice to keep crud out of the bushings. But all considered its an interesting piece of equipment.

Boolit Master
    Audis, Benz and BMWs lol
    I know a bank teller that says most of the owners of those cars have about $15 in their checking accounts.

He can measure anything he wants but the target is the only measure that counts.
    It is too bad the Japanese do not have firearms because they would probably exceed the Germans easily due to their statistical process control history. The Germans tend to go down rat holes and make things needlessly expensive for zero practical benefit.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Looks like the Germans built the press I was thinking of building, using Lee Classic Turret parts. Mine would be easier to access from the front.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Grand Master

Bench rest shooters user arbor presses and straight line dies for a reason. A press that uses standard dies is pretty much the same as the next one. And we all know that isn’t the ultimate press. The Rock Crusher is the ultimate press: https://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/RC000

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    Looks like the Germans built the press I was thinking of building, using Lee Classic Turret parts. Mine would be easier to access from the front.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    If you purchased the top part of the new Lee Breech Lock Pro press you can convert a Lee Turret to a three legged single stage that uses breech locks on the dies.

Boolit Buddy
    Watched on FF for a while and didn't get what makes it worth 3xCoAx or 6xRC.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    ... that isn’t the ultimate press. The Rock Crusher is the ultimate press: https://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/RC000
    Nice piece of gear but it depends on how "ultimate" is defined. I would suggest Redding's UltraMag is the current strongest/rigid and it has the most leverage of any common press.

Boolit Grand Master

One thing that came to mind after watching the video and thinking a little about it. With the shafts and ball bushings for alignment this would be a very easy press to rebuild if you wore it out. If it uses ball bushing on the ram then its completely rebuildable thru parts changes.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    One thing that came to mind after watching the video and thinking a little about it. With the shafts and ball bushings for alignment this would be a very easy press to rebuild if you wore it out. If it uses ball bushing on the ram then its completely rebuildable thru parts changes.
    My Co-Ax is about 45 years old. Doubt I will ever wear it out. My 50 year old RC still works too. But maybe I do not use them enough to wear them out.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    They're nice presses, and the one I handled was very smooth. I didn't buy one when given the chance though.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    I once used a 6 ton capacity Amada CNC press brake. It much nicer than any reloading tool.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Looks like a CoAx or Mec or even the Frankford Arsenal press. That thing cost 750 Euros thats avout 850 bucks though. Not including shipping and importation. Looks smooth operating. I would buy a Co-Ax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Can you prime on this thing?

Boolit Grand Master

This is closer to my ultimate reloading machine http://www.camdexloader.com/2100Pistol.aspx

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    This is closer to my ultimate reloading machine http://www.camdexloader.com/2100Pistol.aspx
    The fact it doesnt show the price on the website means I cant afford it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/RC000 .....

sorry but a $ 2,000 press is used to tighten the blast of shots on the target :Fuoco:: Guntootsmiley:, or to widen the purse of those who sell it?: ???:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast