Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate press ??

Boolit Man
    Price plus VAT 714.30 € + plus packaging and shipping. $810 + shipping.
    Price including VAT. 850,00 € + plus packaging and shipping. $963 + shipping.

I don't think we have to pay VAT, so at $810 + shipping, that's ultimate money.
    SAF Patron (Life) | GOA (Life) | NRA Benefactor (Life) | MSRPA (Life)

Boolit Master

What are they using to build these? Uniobtainum and using hand tools to make drill it all? Little steep for a bas plate, two plate on guide rods.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Banned
    https://turban-shop.de/shop/

Heavy Präzipress 120 850.00 € = $964.37 USD + shipping

Boolit Master
    Takes time to make a press like that. Not a mass produced cast and stamped assembly. It one appreciates fine tools this looks like it. Craftsmanship and quality cost no matter what discipline.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I will say it is the simplest piece of german engineering i think i have ever seen. They usually find a new piece of engineering to fix any little problem then ten more to fix the fix.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Takes time to make a press like that. Not a mass produced cast and stamped assembly. It one appreciates fine tools this looks like it. Craftsmanship and quality cost no matter what discipline.
    Pleased to see that ONE member is not a critic that has never seen one. If you spend some time on the fellows videos he clearly knows about equipment. Because you drive a Jeep --- don't knock a G-Wagon ---- especially if you have never seen one, not to mention driven one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iris.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	236590

Boolit Grand Master

I did some looking today at linear ball bushing on line they seem to run in cost from $65.00 - $150.00 each depending on accuracy level required seals and alignment needs. There are at least 3 if not 5 of these on this press. The 3 running the shell holder plate and 1-2 on the ram. That's $200.00 low end cheapest bearings to $750.00 for 5 of the high end bearings. this is just the bearings no hardened shafting no ground and polished handles or parts no machining or inserts. This doesn't take into account the accuracy of the machining needed here or time. In reality the price for the quality accuracy and workmanship isn't out of line. Its just out of my price range. Even if the base center and top plates are castings the bearings, machining time and case hardened ground shafts are very expensive.

Boolit Grand Master

I’m not knocking the quality. I have a thing for German automobiles and firearms so I have no issue spending money for quality. But there’s a point of diminishing returns. What is this press going to do that a Lee Classic Cast, Rock Chucker of Co-Ax won’t do? If someone wants to buy a well engineered and built press then go for it. But don’t expect it to do anything that a much cheaper press won’t do. And there’s a huge difference in price. If it was $400-$500 I would probably buy it because I like nice tools. But I can’t justify progressive money for a single stage.

Boolit Master
    Not true. I have seen that press on other sites including Accurate Shooter and even there no one bought one. Having worked in manufacturing and engineering for 50 years I do not need to use a gold plated boat anchor to know how it works compared to a non-plated boat anchor. The fact the guy even drools over the press is evidence of his lack of objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenLindquist View Post
    Pleased to see that ONE member is not a critic that has never seen one. If you spend some time on the fellows videos he clearly knows about equipment. Because you drive a Jeep --- don't knock a G-Wagon ---- especially if you have never seen one, not to mention driven one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iris.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	236590
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Intended for the 'gear *****' with more money than sense, IMHO.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not familiar with Forester dies, but why did he back the seating die off like that? I set mine about 1/4 turn in from touching. Set like I do, bullet runout is completely a function of the die, the press doesn't even matter.

I load on a Rock Chucker that I bought from someone who had already put in decades of loading on it. I doubt I will get another single stage anytime soon. If I were to buy a brand new, I wouldn't consider anything but the Lee classic cast. It's every bit as robust, and even larger than the Rock chucker, at a much lower price. The only place it makes sense to spend more is when you are talking about a progressive press.

That's metallic anyway, single stage shotgun presses are a whole other game.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I do not need anything better than either my RC or Co-Ax for loading accurate rifle rounds. Something that will run faster and/or better than my 1050's would be interesting.
    That's almost the same exact thought I had when I watched it. My Rock Chucker has done a great job for me since '71 for speed I have my RL-1050's.
    M.O.P.H.--D.A.V.-- N.R.A.-- Life Member

Boolit Master
    Very nice looking press but two questions. Will it load more accurate ammo than what the bench rest folks are using and can you prime on it?

Banned
    It will not load any better ammo than Wilson but is faster. No one loading precision ammo primes in the press but if you wanted to, you could use the RCBS system that mounts in the die station, is straight line and has excellent "feel".

Seems as if none of the critics actually read the runout data. My Redding equipment cannot match what he did and somehow I doubt a Lee would either.

I can't afford it or the G-Wagon but I would not be a critic because I can't afford one. What's top quality is top quality and sour grapes carping won't change that.

Buy the best you can afford but don't knock the guy who can buy better stuff. That's Cortez talking.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Not true. I have seen that press on other sites including Accurate Shooter and even there no one bought one. Having worked in manufacturing and engineering for 50 years I do not need to use a gold plated boat anchor to know how it works compared to a non-plated boat anchor. The fact the guy even drools over the press is evidence of his lack of objectivity.
    If you watch his other video's he drools over every press he unboxes and tries out. He does have a great channel and I subscribe as the video quality is excellent and he does a great overview of all of the gear he tests out.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I still have my first RCBS press of 45+ years. Others in this thread have mentioned also how their press has lasted ump-teen years & is still working perfect. For a dyed-in-the-wool handloader doing a press upgrade, a $1,000 investment is not reasonable. It's a lifetime tool. With all the bearings & parts my only worry is how hard would it be to get future repairs if something DID happen. We all know how ridiculously good the warranties are from RCBS, Redding, Lyman, etc. A press from Germany, I don't know?

Why was this posted? Now, I kinda want one.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master

Nice equipment.

To me, the ultimate press is my RCBS Ammomaster. In progressive form it can load from .32 ACP to the .460 Weatherby/ 600 Nitro. In single station form it can load the .22 Ladybug (!) to the .50 BMG.

Mine is set up right now to progressively load .30-06.

I love it.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Ultimate accuracy is not the only game in town. For the competition hand gun shooter this "ultimate" press would be almost useless. Also not much use for a trap shooter or three gun or cowboy action or a number of other shooters that don't need ultimate accuracy but need a lot of ammo that is accurate enough for what they are doing. For some the ultimate press could be a simple Lee press. If that is all they can afford, a $900 press is worthless to them. To me the Dillon 550b is the ultimate because a 650 or 1050 are above my pay grade and are therefore worthless to me.

Boolit Master

I am pretty sure anything is better than my Lee Hand press, but it still makes wonderfully accurate ammo. Since i cant afford anything better i am not so easily fooled by pretty sales pitches. Maybe in 20 more years when the kids are done with college. I also am not so easily fool by the miss leading terms such as such as close tollerances because I understand the mechanics of self centering and floating which is how a lot of pur presses work. Evennthe higher ends. Nothing is perfect there will always be tolerances.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Vendor Sponsor

I wish everybody who commented on this press that Gavin reported on, would recommend that he include the BPM Hand Press in his 17 press shoot out.

He did a review on my tool last year and even F/L sized .308 machine gun brass with one stroke. Many people had negative comments simply because they didn't understand what the tool is used for or how nice it is made. Plenty of *****s out there and the internet is no place for whimps. But it takes 3 strokes to size machine gun brass on my Rockchucker, so they just didn't understand!

Gavin is a good guy and he is progressing nicely in his Reloading Education and doing good work spreading the word about Reloading and Reloading Equipment. He is also becoming quite the machinist which kind of goes hand in hand with what he is doing with his website.

I saw this Super Press at the SHOT Show last year and it is certainly nicely done. If you have a use for it and can afford it then it is worth having. If you like the feel of nice things in your hands then this one is certainly at the top of the heap.

People who don't understand what it takes to make Quality Equipment often complain about the price. But Quality Equipment costs more money to make simply because of the amount of direct human intervention needed to produce the finished product and the cost of producing all the parts associated with the finished product which invariably require much better materials and more thought to finish.

The difference in the end is called "Tactile Gratification." That is the joy you get from handling stuff that feels good in your hands.

As a Machinist I look at different machines as having it or not. Bridgeport Mills have a better feel than Chinese made machine tools that look exactly the same. Hardinge Lathes have a better feel than the exact same machine produced in Taiwan. Some guns just feel better in your hands than other guns, and everyone here should understand that.

Those guns usually cost more than cheaper guns that don't feel as good,,, but lets face it,,, they aren't for everybody, so there's a place for both in the market place. Some people will understand this,,, others will watch as the concept flies strait over their heads.

These's a saying, "There's an *** for Every Seat."

It fits here.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com