RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP Molds 450BM- C- 275 grain (Cast) for 450 Bushmaster/ 45 Colt/ 454 Casull

I'm A Honcho!

MP Molds 450BM- C- 275 grain (Cast) for 450 Bushmaster/ 45 Colt/ 454 Casull

Fellow Boolit Casters,

******* This is the discussion thread that will later become the group buy. Any comments welcome. Design WILL change as feedback is gathered and collated and the dimensions of the pins worked out. At the end...this WILL be a boolit that performs! Your input is necessary/ encouraged and will be considered*********

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c454-285b-hp-02.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	237622

This will be one of the last Group Buys for FY19. It has been a pleasure serving you but I need some time to cast myself. But I am going out with a bang. The 450 Bushmaster crowd NEEDS a mold to maximize the powerhouse cartridge whether in an AR or a Bolt Gun.

Mr. Glenn Larsen has come out of design retirement AGAIN to offer the Design the MP Molds 450BM- C- 285 (Cast) . It is spec'ed out for around 285 grains maybe a little over as a solid and 270 with the largest HP. Should really optimize the performance of the standard twist rate and potential of the cartridge. Pin options is where this will be a must have. Will come with Large Wide Penta, Large and Narrow Penta and flat. Both Penta pins will be rounded to prevent breakage if expansion reaches the base of the HP.

WE NEED 12 TO COMMIT BEFORE IT MOVES TO ACTIVE AND A FULL 25 HP SIGN UPS BEFORE IT CLOSES!!!

Options and details . .
    1. Mold will be available in 2 Cavity brass HP, 4 Cavity Brass HP, 4 Cavity Brass Solid or 6 Cavity Aluminum Solid only.
    2. Available in .452 and .454 diameters (WW).
    3. Comes with Large Pin, Wide Penta, Narrow Penta and Flat
    4. Available in Gas Check or Plain base
    5. Available in the Wonderful 6 Cavity Aluminum also.

Disguised Email- HP or Solid- Diameter-# of Cavities-PB or GC- Zip Code if you want to be able to track your package

Example:

j_bownes at yahoo dot com -SOLID .452- 6 Cavity PB-Aluminum- 12121
    or
    j_bownes at yahoo dot com – HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-All Pins- 12121

Cost is as follows:

Solid Molds -
    - 4 Cavity solid Brass 95 Euro's (80,75 with discount)
    - 6 Cavity solid Aluminum 95 Euro's (80,75 with discount)

Hp Molds -
    - 2 Cavity HP all pins included 95 Euro's (80,75 with discount)
    - 4 Cavity HP all pins included 135 Euro's (114,75 with discount)

These prices will be converted to us dollars when you get the paypal invoice.

GROUP BUY DISCOUNT OF 15% GIVEN AT INVOICE TIME

Add a set of Handles for 20 additional Euros. A savings of 3 off standard pricing.

Please include your (disguised) email address with your request.
    Miha will send out invoices about the time the buy gets closed. Payment's through PayPal (he's in Slovenia). Shipping's direct.

Solid:

1)j_bownes at yahoo dot com -SOLID .454- 6 Cavity PB-Aluminum- 27540
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

Hollow Point:

1)j_bownes at yahoo dot com – HP -.454- 4 Cavity PB-All Pins (HONCHO)- 27540
    2)glockinstein40 At yahoo dot com – HP -.452- 2 Cavity GC-All Pins- NO LUBE GROOVES- 49286
    3)brianeccas at gmail dot com – HP - .454 - 2 Cavity - Brass - GC - Lube Groove - All Pins
    4)Coryrams at hotmail dot com– HP - .452 - 2 Cavity - Brass - GC - Lube Groove - All Pins
    5)Trap4uohio at sbcglobal dot ne – HP - .452 - 2 Cavity - Brass - GC - Lube Groove - All Pins
    6)bluewrench75 at gmail dot com-HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-Lube Groove- All Pins- 26034
    7)idahobronco at aol Dot com-HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-Lube Groove- All Pins- (Honcho)(Designer)
    8)Jay72145 at gmail dot com- HP- 452-2 cavity GC all pins 72136
    9)rocpyro at gmail-HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-Lube Groove- All Pins + Handles
    10)dark11d at yahoo dot com --HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-All Pins+ HANDLES 49302
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)
    Last edited by bluejay75; 03-27-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Master

OOH baby!!

Thank you for offering this! Your right we need a good 450 Bushy mold!

I have a good solid in my Lyman 300g.

But I have been wanting a HP for a long time.

I have a question about the HP molds. Can or do they come with a pin that makes a solid/FP as well as a HP? Or is that not a possible thing. Not a deal breaker, but I wondered as it would increase versatility of this mold.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    OOH baby!!

Thank you for offering this! Your right we need a good 450 Bushy mold!

I have a good solid in my Lyman 300g.

But I have been wanting a HP for a long time.

I have a question about the HP molds. Can or do they come with a pin that makes a solid/FP as well as a HP? Or is that not a possible thing. Not a deal breaker, but I wondered as it would increase versatility of this mold.

CW
    Yes. They come with a flat pin for solids. Can get a smiley face engraved on it if you like. Make sure the other gents who are in the same situation know as well please. Post on the BM forums please.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Brass 2 cavity, hp, gas check, lube groove, glockinstein40 At yahoo dot com 49286 .452

Boolit Master

GREAT News Bluejay!

I see handles offered for 20$ more. What handles fit or are these proprietary handles required.

(Now I see where it says three pins are included.) Reading comprehension isn't strong with out some coffee I guess. Sorry!

CW

Boolit Master

brianeccas at gmail dot com – HP - .452 - 2 Cavity - Brass - GC - Lube Groove - All Pins

I'm A Honcho!
    They work on anything...but some Lee handles are too thick to run MP 8 cavity molds in my experience. All other molds were fine.

Boolit Master
    I have a accurate mold that mirrors this mold nearly to the T. You folks absolutely will not be disapointed

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I will take a 2 cavity brass hollow point, gas check, lube groove,all pins, and a flat pin for solids as well in .452!

Coryrams at hotmail dot com

Or coryrams at iCloud dot com
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-21-2019 at 04:15 PM.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by odfairfaxsub View Post
    I have a accurate mold that mirrors this mold nearly to the T. You folks absolutely will not be disapointed
    Show some bullets and share some loads please.

I almost bought the accurate mold the other day. It’s listed as bushmaster. It was $100 for a 2 cavity mold. Not a hollow point of course. I see it says no lube grooves with the member who requested both molds. What’s the advantage? I’ll be PCing only.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=45-280D-D.png
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-21-2019 at 02:32 PM.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I almost bought the accurate mold the other day. It’s listed as bushmaster. It was $100 for a 2 cavity mold. Not a hollow point of course. I see it says no lube grooves with the member who requested both molds. What’s the advantage? I’ll be PCing only.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=45-280D-D.png
    In my experience...slick sided violets are more sensitive to powder charge range. Smaller sweet spot so to speak. Lead needs somewhere to go under pressure to assist in obturation.

I noticed the absence of a crimp groove. Will that be an issue with AR platforms? I prefer crimp grooves. Got it if needed, ignore it if you don't.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death! When people fear the government it is tyranny, when government fears the people it is Liberty!

Boolit Mold
    I will take a 2 cavity Brass hollow point Gas Check with all pins and a flat pin for Solids in .452

Trap4uohio at sbcglobal dot net

I'd like a HP -.454- 4 Cavity GC-All Pins- 26034
    bluewrench75 at gmail dot com
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death! When people fear the government it is tyranny, when government fears the people it is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    In my experience...slick sided violets are more sensitive to powder charge range. Smaller sweet spot so to speak. Lead needs somewhere to go under pressure to assist in obturation.
    Makes sense. I remember when Barnes came out and they switched over to the triple shocks with 3 grooves because their sold bullets weren’t accurate in most guns.

Is my mold ready yet? Lol

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by tradbear55 View Post
    I noticed the absence of a crimp groove. Will that be an issue with AR platforms? I prefer crimp grooves. Got it if needed, ignore it if you don't.
    You actually don’t want a crimp groove for ar platform. Headspace and chambering concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    You actually don’t want a crimp groove for ar platform. Headspace and chambering concerns.
    That's odd. All the AR ammo I've seen has a cannelure for crimping.

I'm A Honcho!
    Not for crimping. To give something rough for the bullets to hold onto. Same ammo gets shot out of machine guns. Crimp on cast serves a different purpose.

Sorry, I was confused. I thought crimp ring was to control setback on rounds. Much as the cannelure on a jacketed round.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast