Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shake n bake method help

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    Based on his comment about a half sheet cooling rack, i think he is using something like this set inside his pan....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    You guessed right. Works as as a spacer and keeps the bullets from toppling when moved. Once it is in the oven, loading bottom to top, I just gently lift it up and off. Then do another tray.

It rained every day here last week in the Gulf Coast, so I took advantage of being indoors and cast more than 15k of bullets. When I say indoors I cast in my garage with the door open sitting in front of a 48" shop fan, which vents to the outside.

The problem is our humidity is 100%, so per-heating is mandatory for PC. One of the benefits of a per-heat at the upper limit is a coating that is not fragile like powder held only by static. Setting the bullets in the grid dosen't damage the coating. I do a very high per-heat (300 degrees) when PC hollow points as I spray base up so I can keep the powder out of the HP cavity.

Using the plastic tray jig it takes me less than 10m to stand up 150 9mm. About 7m to do 100 40 or 45. So even though my oven will take 4 trays I usually start with just 2, then fill 2 more while those are cooking & repeat.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Regardless of what kind of divider, using one really does speed up bullet placement. In addition to getting more bullets on a tray, a divider keeps them from toppling or sliding until they can be set in the oven, then the rack can be lifted off.

BTW: I purchased "Checkered Chef Cooling Rack Baking Rack Twin Set" which is two SS racks off Amazon for $16.95 delivered. That have a 1/2" grid so I use them for both 9mm & 45. I have a TIG welder so I cut the support & legs off my SS racks, bent the wire to form handles and welded the handles on the ends of the rack. Now it is easy to set a tray in the oven and lift the rack up and off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12