Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snow,snow and more snow

Boolit Master
    I certainly do feel for you guys who are getting the unusual snows. We've got between 4 and 6 feet of accumulation depending on where you're standing from a little over 100 inches fallen so far this winter.
    However, it's not that far off from normal for here.

Moderator Emeritus

Heading for record snowfall in parts of MN. Where I am it would have to double to reach the 90+ inches in 96/97... but pushing 48 inches total and it is snowing again...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Heading for record snowfall in parts of MN. Where I am it would have to double to reach the 90+ inches in 96/97... but pushing 48 inches total and it is snowing again...
    Just south of you. Right at 50”. Breaking the record in the next couple weeks according to forcasts.
    Wish list. Things my daughter and I are looking for.

Ideal and Lyman HP pins
    Kimber micro 9 mags
    Star die removal tool, 430 die & TP.
    Cocking stud and ejector Stevens 15a

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BD View Post
    I certainly do feel for you guys who are getting the unusual snows. We've got between 4 and 6 feet of accumulation depending on where you're standing from a little over 100 inches fallen so far this winter.
    However, it's not that far off from normal for here.
    Up here in Aroostook County we are on a record pace for total snowfall. 147 inches so far at NWS Caribou with another 6 weeks or so of our winter left. The current record is from 2007-2008 and was a bit more than 197 inches.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master
    Its 61 and sunny here. I think we had 2 inches of snow for the entire winter.
    Life is good
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Got another few inches today. I go in at 6pm for a 12hr shift and supervisor called and said local cops are asking people to stay home. Said I could stay home since I live 14 miles away in a small town and my highway closes occasionally due to snow drifts.

Told him that I would be ashamed of myself for calling into work due to a few inches of snow. Apparently, the cops are overwhelmed with accidents due to the local college having 30k+ idiots going there who don't know how to drive.

With about 2' of snow on the ground and temps in the low 20's, I consider this to be a normal winter and pretty much perfect. Love it!

I'll gladly put up with the white stuff to avoid all of the bugs, snakes, humidity, and Californians the rest of the year.

We just had an employee meltdown a couple of weeks ago. Moved here from California in November. His wife refused to come with him. He got his car stuck, then tried to steal a couple other cars, then tried to jump the fence at the airport. Snow and cold got to him. Good riddance.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

this is big snow country up here. We allways get more them most areas around us. Were used to it but this year its the worse I remember since I moved here in 87. Had a first yesterday. couldn't get a signal on my dish receiver. Tried reseting it nothing. went out and brushed the snow and chipped the ice off of it, nothing. Was about to call dish and have them trouble shoot it when I realized the over 3 feet of snow on the roof of my garage was blocking the dish mounted on a pole beside it. Also did a bit of panicing when I realized the boxed in eaves of my garage were sagging in the middle from the weight. Took me most of the day to shovel it. Wasn't just snow but layers of soft snow and frozen slush. tried my fancy dandy sno slide (which is basically a slip and slide on a pole) but couldn't get it to budge 6 inches into the hard packed base. Im not one to complain about winter but can you southern guys PLEASE send up a bit of heat. Suppose to be more snow and zero temps this weekend.

Boolit Grand Master

Year of the SNOWMAN?????
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Lloyd -- sounds like we're living in parallel universes. I've got about 4 ft. of snow on the ground now, and a bit over a foot on the roof. I've been out everyday raking some off, but it looks like a few clear-partially cloudy days coming up, and a corresponding night time drop in temperatures. I'm hoping that the snow will freeze off the roof. Yesterday the Dish signal went out. I tried the reset procedure several times, and ended up calling their customer support. Talked with a nice young lady, no accent at all, so I asked her where she was located. Mexico City. Said that her father had a US work permit and she and her brother attended grammar and middle school in Texas until their father decided to return to Mexico working for Dish with a fairly good paying job, an attending a university where a second language is required, so she has it made. I thought it was a great story as some legal immigrants went home and made good. The upshot was that because I've been a customer for years they're sending out a tech on Saturday to give me a new receiver box and readjust the antenna dish. I suspect I knocked it out of whack brushing it off three or four times a day with a broom when the snow would cut the signal. Problem is, I've got to plow the lane before Saturday so the guy can get in to fix it. Anyway, I'm not complaining at all -- I moved here with my eyes wide open. I don't mind the snow. Just have lots of firewood and an indoor hobby to keep you busy. And the rest of the year -- what a wonderful place to live.
    Attachment 237043

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    The weather liars are calling for another snowstorm here in South Central Pennsylvania tonight.
    2-4" with as much as 5" in some places.
    Just another nuisance to me since I am retired.
    Probably have to run the snowblower to clear the driveway. Not looking forward to shoveling the sidewalk and deck, either.
    My wife insists she is going to work tomorrow, so I will need to get the snow cleared before she gets home.

I think I am ready for spring and warm weather.

Moderator Emeritus

4-6 more inches tomorrow... ugh...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    4-6 more inches tomorrow... ugh...
    Yeah... I am unsubscribing to this topic. I don't need one bit of reminder about snow.

I like my "Winter", I just don't like "roller-coaster rides" in temps, ice hidden under snow & knowing that this snow pileup, with the frost driven as deep as it is(2-4 ft.), causes increased chance of flooding, which can usually make for poor fishing most of the time, when Spring that finally hits...

Ya'll have fun, but I am "out of here" in this topic. I would rather be optimistic on good things to come.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

4" and still flurries so might get to 5... lows dropping to -15 Sunday morning...

Boolit Grand Master
    more snow on the way and a mini polar vortex to boot
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Sunday through Tuesday my brother spent busting drifts up to 5' north of Dodge City with the county road grader. Now, another 6" and wind whipping it up to 6' drifts predicted. So far this year he has not got that big Cat powered grader with chains stuck. Not yet .... Maybe it can get worse.

Banned

same here. Over by mackinaw city and st Ignace the roads were drifted over so deep and hard from snow blowing off the lake that they had to close that section of us2 for two days because the plows couldn't even get through. they had to bring in blowers even from other countys to open it back up. plow driver on the news said drifts were almost as high as the hood on his county plow truck in places and so hard you could walk right up them. did I tell you I am now officially sick of winter!

Boolit Grand Master
    hear the song birds starting to sing now more
    it's coming
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

This year I've been sick of Winter since it started raining in Sept. It never used to affect me much, but it's been almost constant and it's made age related problems much worse.
    Thank God, I've survived and Spring will soon be bursting forth. In another 90 days we'll be fussing about the heat. At least that will calm down the Arthritis, while stopping up our senses with pollen.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

it looks like my neighbor is sick of the snow.

Attachment 237203
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Well March is here and we’re starting to get snow. Gotten a little bit here and there a few times but it was gone in a day or so. It’s supposed to be warming up. I don’t want to shovel 10” Monday morning.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast