got stuck twice average of 1.5' but some spots have 2'
    used the snow blower to get me through
    the worst thing is I didn't shoot worth a darn testing
    two loads for 2 different rifles and went through all
    that for nothing but thats shooting
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Broke the atv winch bracket on my plow the other day on an 18 year old plow. Found the $5 discontinued part for a $156 on amazon and $95 on eBay. Bartered and got it for $40 shipped. Doesn’t look like it will be here for our next snow...tomorrow, Sunday, and a couple days next week. There is a snowbank about 6’5” blocking half my driveway! Wonder how many deer and turkey didn’t make it through the last couple weeks. Between the cold burst we had a few weeks ago and all the snow it pretty much has ended my small game hunting for the season. My property is a ridge line and I don’t feel like walking up it to bag a few starving squirrels. Haven’t been to the range either. Just keep loading boolits till a little melt off.

Boolit Grand Master

24 years ago we moved from New Hampshire. After watching the news the other day LOML turned to me and said "I'm awful glad we live where we do!"
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Could get another foot tomorrow night. We've had close to four feet since just before Christmas. Some has melted down, but turns to glaciers with temperatures making it barely above freezing in the daytime. People keep telling me they didn't think it snowed in the desert. They don't realize that NM has mountains. I'm at 7200 ft. I've had enough of winter. You can't hire a teenager to shovel anymore either.

Boolit Master
    I changed my mind about posting any pics right now. Supposed to have 4-8 more inches come Sat. Night thru Sunday. I don't want any more reminders of the stuff.

I like the 4 seasons. I just don't like the way they arrive some times. I prefer the regular "ease" into & out of things.

The "roller coaster" in temps & precipitation in the recent past is not on my list of favorite things to deal with ... That goes for Year round, not just for Winter...

BTW... I HATE ice patches hidden under snowfalls... With a passion....
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I shoveled 3' of heavy snow off the east side of the roof yesterday. It's piled up about 5' high where I blow it off the driveway. It's about 2' deep anywhere it is not drifted deeper.

Much sympathy is what I feel after reading three pages of snow happenings. A couple of days early on we had a light frost here in Conroe Texas. Many days of light rain that really soaked in. In other posts, I mentioned getting my truck stuck at the deer lease and left it there two nights while getting a new Winch rigged to use from the front or rear. Off the roads it was very spongy, as your feet sunk about six inches in the woods and in my back yard. We have lived here since the year 2000 and had rains over six inches each day for three days and it was never as soggy as it has been this winter. On the lighter side, it was easy tilling the garden. I have several containers planted and five rows planted with above ground veatables. Saturday is the first day of the month for root crops which I will plant. It is possible that we get freezing weather around Easter, and should it do so I will replant. Can you picture an 84 year old with nothing on except a pair of overalls and breaking a sweat while running the front tine tiller?

Boolit Grand Master
    What is this "snow" ya'll talking about????

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I think snow is beautiful,,,,,,,,,, as long as I only see it in a picture.

That is a nice clear snow picture.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    WEATHER UPDATE!!!

A little after 8 .m. here in Sahuarita - south of Tucson - walked dogs in heavier rain this morning at 6:30 and by 7'15, this strange "white stuff" was falling from the sky!! Looking out my window right now it is snowing, everything is white and the desert has a rating of very foreign whit stuff all over it . . . .

Yeah . . . just remember that AZ is hot . . . "but it's a dry heat". Ha Ha Ha

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    WEATHER UPDATE!!!

A little after 8 .m. here in Sahuarita - south of Tucson - walked dogs in heavier rain this morning at 6:30 and by 7'15, this strange "white stuff" was falling from the sky!! Looking out my window right now it is snowing, everything is white and the desert has a rating of very foreign whit stuff all over it . . . .

Yeah . . . just remember that AZ is hot . . . "but it's a dry heat". Ha Ha Ha
    thats ok, snow is just a dry rain! LOL

Moderator Emeritus

I am on my last row of dry firewood.
    Attachment 236553
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52432345_2056863321033761_3789996665180520448_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	236555
    The snow harvest is coming along nicely , looks like a bumper crop this year .
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator

We set a 24 hour snowfall record here in Flagstaff yesterday. 31" fell in 17 hours, and it's still snowing today. C'mon Spring!

Boolit Grand Master
    Had a story on TV the other day, where a teenager advertised on social media, on clearing the snow from driveways/sidewalks. He was paid $700-$1,000 per job and made 35K in 4 days. I believe it was in the Seattle area

I had to break out the 20 foot snow rake to pull snow off of some roofs.
    All of that snow can cave a roof in.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

NOTHING here, send moisture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

There were snowflakes in Los Angeles today. No; the real kind!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

50mph winds this weekend... 8 inches of fresh powder snow... yeah can you say ground blizzard???

Boolit Master

OldBearHair
    "Can you picture an 84 year old with nothing on except a pair of overalls and breaking a sweat while running the front tine tiller?"
    Not sure I want to think about that.

skeettx
    Be careful what you ask for. Looks like ice might be headed your way.

Wots
    Have had record snowfall here is Los Alamos this year. The city bought a HUGH snowblower, blowing it into trucks like we used to cut silage. Just like your faux photo.

Texas by God
    Real snowflakes? I liked that. Too bad we can't plow the other kind off into the ditch.

Weather Prediction for Tonight
    Looks like we could get another foot tonight. That would make this winter's accumulation about four feet. I'm tired of shoveling.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast