RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snow,snow and more snow

Boolit Grand Master

Snow,snow and more snow

we have been getting pounded by a snow storm every week for some time now
    it makes getting out to shoot and hunt more difficult
    I have my own range and it does not get plowed so I have to count on my 4x4 to get me back into the woods to my range though the snow,been stuck twice so far.I carry a snow blower in the back of my truck to clear snow and a set of tractor tire chains for traction if needed.
    testing new loads is getting harder to do and hunting is out of the question at least until some snow melts
    walking for miles in knee deep snow is out of the question for me at this time now when I was younger I would not be bothered so much by it but age changes alot of things
    you all in snow country getting snow?
    I hear global warming is causing this cold and snow
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I am in the same type of boat here in Goodhue county. Don't feel like you are the only one.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

We had a super mild winter with almost no snow until about three weeks ago, then it became every few days we would get more snow.

About two feet on the ground now. Went out to my range to try and shoot yesterday and it was knee deep and just not worth it.

I hate off-roading in snow; it's worse than mud and you can get stuck with no warning.

My dad is having issues down in Arizona and is wanting to drive back with his pickup and RV and I told him he can't get into his house and should just stay put. He won't listen and will be headed back in a couple of weeks.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    I dont get as much snow as you guys but my **** breaks are locking up on my truck and I have to fix that. I hate working outside in weather like this. I hope it melts quick.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Sitting here in the house watching the snow fall in South Central Pennsylvania.
    8" on the ground and the forecast is for more snow and then changing over to freezing rain and then plain rain.

Boolit Master
    White eagle, I'm about 210 miles east of Wall Drug, and I'm sick of this every other day snow also. At least the wind blows 45 mph every few days so it drifts back in the places we just plowed out, like the drive ways,cow yards and feed yards. I haven't shot a cast bullet since deer season, and probably won't until spring comes in July

This year we had about 10" of snow up till a week and half ago. That's 10" in Nov to Feb. Usually have 25 or so up till then. We got an 8" snow three days ago, followed by another 8" last night. They are guessing about anther 6" Friday into Saturday then it might get serious on Tuesday with more snow.
    I guess I picked a good time to retire.
    Rob

Moderator Emeritus

Attachment 236438
    A picture says a thousand words.... Spring may soon (I hope!) be upon us!

Boolit Master

Climate change will occur between the middle of March and the first of May when it will start to warm and get hot there after.
    Last edited by Hickory; 02-20-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master
    Send it my way. We had a 7" snow over Christmas, but since then, maybe 3 or 4 snows of 1/2" and the 7" snow is long melted off.

Super Moderator

Flagstaff is supposed to get 19-25" of snow starting tonight (2/20) through Friday. This would be on top of more than a foot of snow already on the ground. Woo Hoo

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I really do feel for all of those caught up in the snow and lousy weather. My wife and I winter in southern Arizona now to get away from the Michigan winters. We're about 15 miles out of Tucson . . . it was a balmy 32 degrees at 6:30 this morning when I walked the dogs . . . . lots of snow high up on the
    mountains . . . for those caught in the really bad stuff . . . be safe, keep warm and spring Will get here . . . someday! ShooterAZ . . .keep warm!

Boolit Master

More to ride on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    We're getting rain off and on today. It's annoying but way better than the freezing rain they were forecasting.

Boolit Grand Master

Freezing rain this morning at 0415 when I left for work. Driving in it sucks. Now just rain, stop tomorrow then rain for the next week I think. Backyard is squishy to walk on and combined with 36 degrees makes for a miserable day
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Spring on the way, just seen a flock of Robins headed north this morning. Usually when they gather like that, it wont be long coming.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    White eagle, I'm about 210 miles east of Wall Drug, and I'm sick of this every other day snow also. At least the wind blows 45 mph every few days so it drifts back in the places we just plowed out, like the drive ways,cow yards and feed yards. I haven't shot a cast bullet since deer season, and probably won't until spring comes in July
    Is spring coming early this year? We have 2 feet+ on the ground and snowing now. The worst part is the deep snow and slush on the lakes. Makes it tough to go ice fishing.

Boolit Master

Yep battery's are charged up in my boat waiting for the ice to melt on the River just a few more weeks oh boy spring walleye
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Yup, it's global warming that's causing all of these low temps and snow and ice!
    (But don't worry, the "experts" will save us from our folly!"
    Gun control is not about guns.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast