RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Applebee’s doesn’t like Castboolits

Boolit Master

Applebee’s doesn’t like Castboolits

SWBMO and I stopped in at an Applebee’s yesterday. We both got our phones out after chatting for a while. I checked and found that they had public Wi-Fi so we both got on it since the carrier signal was only fair. I tried to resume reading a thread on Castboolits but access was blocked because they considered this site to be “Weapons Sales”. I complained to the manager who said she was a 2A supporter but it was controlled by Corporate. I demonstrated to her that the site is not a sales site but rather a social media site dedicated to the art and science of casting bullets and using them. After 25 years in IT she wasn’t telling me anything new. I thanked her for listening to my complaint and told her that Applebee’s was ineligible for my business in the future. She was courteous enough to have me write down the URL but I would be surprised if they unblock Castboolits. MidwayUSA was not blocked.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Well, I have not been to any Applebees very much, maybe 3-4 times in my life & you just persuaded me enough that I will not return there again.

I will take your word for it & won't even take the time to test it, if I was near one.

Thanks for the info.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    I wasn’t fond of Applebee’s before I read this post!

Boolit Master

Ditto the cuisine is not that great there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorDude View Post
    I wasn’t fond of Applebee’s before I read this post!

Boolit Master

Interesting. Conservative taste in food blacklists Applebee's (me too), with a heaping helping in their censoring conservative web sites for the coup de gras.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

My clinic does not like castboolits either, however, I have noticed if I am on this site and turn off my phone or tablet before going there, when I turn them back on at the clinic, I can view and surf all I want, but if I switch to another site and try to get back on castboolit, I am locked out.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Well then,find a machinist site.

It's like when "they" won't let your kid wear his Browning 1911 shirt to school.....

Get the little bugger a Pratt & Whitney shirt with a sine bar lathe picture on it. So,can't read about your _____ interest? Uhhhh,more often than not,there's a shop full of equipment used in it's manufacture.Have fun with it,you might just learn something?

Banned
    I don't like their food personally. Maybe if enough people complain about the restrictive WI FI access they might change things especially when you mention that you won't frequent their site unless they change their left wing attitudes.

Not all that unusual. While in hospital seveeral years ago, wifi would not allow any gun forums.

Any more, public wifi is a security risk. I usually avoid it where possible.

Unfortunately, cell signals in some buildings can be hit or miss - making the public wifi seem more attractive.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

I had the same problem with Walmart last fall. Both here and Graybeards ONline were blocked. So I just moved down the street to McDonalds, bought a breakfast and sat and caught up on my forum reading.

Now we got smart, got my wife a new phone from CC that has the ability to be a Wifi Hotspot. You have to watch it, phone see's data is on and goes a bit nuts downloading updates. But it works good for my twice daily browsing. Cost is not that bad.

I'll pay 10$ a month extra to have a decent connect when and where I want it.

Boolit Buddy
    I would have never known as I turn up a VPN immediately after connecting to any public Wi-Fi. Haven't been there in years. Seems I'll keep it that way.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Ditto the cuisine is not that great there.
    Hi...
    Very average, IMHO.
    I have ate there about 3 times...no interest in a fourth visit.
    Overpriced and just average quality.
    Not a fan.

Boolit Master

I have run into several different businesses and hospitals that block the site. Not a problem for me as I have a VPN endpoint at home and connect to it by default when not on work wifi.

Boolit Master

You went out to dinner and instead of talking and enjoying your time together pulled out your phones to do internet stuff?

My wife and I frequented Applebee's maybe once a month. We liked the food especially the dry rubbed ribs with bourbon BBQ sauce. Last time there my wife found a hair in the salad from the salad bar. Ugh! We showed it to the waitress and she smiled and walked away. No apologies or visit from the manager. Left note on receipt. Won't go back there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    You went out to dinner and instead of talking and enjoying your time together pulled out your phones to do internet stuff?
    It is possible to enjoy someone's company by just being with them. Every minute of everyday doesn't have to be spent gazing longingly in their eyes enrolled in deep conversation.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Well, their food is better than any fast food, but not really good enough to eat out. If I'm going to buy something, it needs to be a lot better than that. I don't use wi-fi unless I'm at home so I would have never noticed that problem. Nice to know, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    It is possible to enjoy someone's company by just being with them. Every minute of everyday doesn't have to be spent gazing longingly in their eyes enrolled in deep conversation.
    Absolutely!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    Well, their food is better than any fast food, but not really good enough to eat out. If I'm going to buy something, it needs to be a lot better than that. I don't use wi-fi unless I'm at home so I would have never noticed that problem. Nice to know, though.

Absolutely!

--Wag--
    We must have some poor excuses for Applebee's where I live. I've given them a 1/2 dozen chances and everything is very poor quality and pricy at that. Even Culvers beats the heck out of Applebee's in my opinion.

Boolit Master

Applebee's has tried at least twice to make a go of a restaurant in a nearby small city. Both went under. The last within a couple of years. I can't say why because we never went there.
    John
    W.TN

There are a few of them locally. For some reason, they're popular in this area along with a couple of other similar places like Chili's which also has pretty low-rent food.

Surprises me how well they do since most of the local breweries have much better food on much better menus.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast