WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not all kids are mindless idiots

Boolit Master
    Here is a news article about it for those who really want to know more about this story.

Like I did...

https://www.foxnews.com/science/teen...n-memphis-home
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Thanks for the link. The kid is amazing, to be sure.

From the link:

“We are still far away from making a working nuclear fusion reactor to produce electricity so you can think about how challenging it is to make a fusion reactor,” said Dr. Jingbiao Cui, professor and chair of the Physics department at the University of Memphis.
    --Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

I used to have a pretty low opinion of the younger generation, until my wife was dying in the hospital. There were thousands of them doing their jobs, and keeping that place running. Don’t judge the 95% by the 5%.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    Once upon a time our parents knew we were mindless idiots. Most of us grew out of it. Don't worry about the kids as much as the young adults who insist on being mindless idiots.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    I used to have a pretty low opinion of the younger generation, until my wife was dying in the hospital. There were thousands of them doing their jobs, and keeping that place running. Don’t judge the 95% by the 5%.
    I have, to put it mildly, a lame right leg -- a relatively new phenomena (past two years getting progressively lamer from a 1970 motorcycle crash where thin stainless steel wires on a Delrin plate were used to replace my knee cap; the wires started snapping...). Still, this summer past I wanted to fish out of one of my canoes, so after getting to river I chose, managed to drag it about 600 feet to bank where I launched, rolled into the vessel, and was able to paddle and fish for a few glorious hours.
    When I elected to call it a day, and got back to launch, I then realized that my leg prohibited any sort of "normal" egress from the canoe, so I had to kind of roll it on its left side to wobble out. In so doing, one of my paddles which fell out in the process started traveling downstream.
    There were two kids there -- a boy and a girl in perhaps their early 20s. The boy ran over, hopped in my canoe, and paddled to the one I lost, retrieving it. I thanked him profusely, and started arranging tackle for the drag back, when the girl asked, "Is that silver truck yours, mister?" I said "yes", and the two of them each picked up an end and carried it to my truck, waiting quite a few minutes til I was able to hobble there, unloading tackle for back, and THEIR then putting it atop for me.
    Oh -- I forgot to mention -- both had more tattoos on them that no exposed skin appeared bare. BOTH the boy and girl had long hair, with his in dreadlocks, and hers died bright blue or purple (I'm kind of colour blind). He was wearing baggy shorts with a gold truckers' wallet chain and a sleeveless sweatshirt. The girl had rings in her lips, a stone in her tongue, and a gold bar in an eyebrow. The "kind of people one would be afraid to leave their gear unattended about as the trip to truck with gear was made", right?
    I surely learned a lesson that day -- which I hope to never forget -- the "stereotypes" probably -- you are most correct -- only represent maybe five per cent. Clothes/looks/body adornments surely do not "make" the person. I also tried giving a few bucks to them for "a coffee or sodi pop" as a bit of appreciation -- which was refused.
    Again, a lesson learned!
    geo

In Remembrance
    Young or old, everybody needs to be judged individually.

I was just remembering old times (baby boomer) and thinking how nice it was to have safe rooms complete with puppies, rabbits, dolls, playdo and crayons during my college years. It seems like all I really remember is the dolls. lol Memory just isn't what it used to be. lol

Boolit Master

Yep great kids everywhere ; get out and teach them something; coach them in something; let them teach you something and maybe we can undo the massive ; monumental damage the boomers have done through complacency; apathy greed suspicion and even some out right hatred of themselves and distain of successive generations

In Remembrance
    The last few years my health has been on a downhill slide. A little over a year ago, it got to the point I could not work anymore. I can still drive with anybody, but can't do the loading, unloading, truck mainteince, run my sawmill or even a chainsaw, in a timely enough matter to actually work. I called a young man that had spent a little time up here with my son, but moved back to Florida where he is from.

He did not hesitate, but said sure I will come back, all he ask for was a chance to learn a trade.
    Well he is still with me, helping everyday, I pay him, but he could now make more on a regular driving job instead of taking care of me. He is still learning, but is a fair driver, and learning to work on quite a bit too, and will wind up with one of my trucks in another couple of years.

He has pretty much been a lifesaver to me, and is just 22 years old, but was a country boy raised on a small farm and did know how to work, just nothing much about making a living.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I wonder if that kid's name is "Sheldon" - like on Big Bang?

I'm a "boomer" . . . I'm old . . .I was no hippie though , , , ,

If you think kids today are "all" a bunch of losers . . . think again.

A friend of mine is retired Air Force - I was with him one day up on the base in Tucson where he stopped to get a haircut - I waited in the coffee area of the PX - enjoyed my coffee and just "people watched". I watched young men and women . . . in uniform . . some with their wives/husbands/kids coming in and out - talked to a few of them who were sitting having coffee - watched a few of them huddling with others as they studied for their various training fields - NO LOSERS there . . . . funny thing too . . . with all the Leftists wanting to use "race" to divide . . . . I didn't see ANY differences in skin color . . . what I saw was dedicated young men and women, dressed in uniforms . . . all willing to put their life on the line for their fellow military members and for the rest of us regardless of race, religion, name, etc. THOSE ARE THE THINGS that show that there are a great bunch of "young mend and women" out there . . . made me think of friends that didn't come back from Viet Nam who were fellow "boomers" . . . . put a lump in my throat and not afraid to say, a tear or two in my eyes as well . . . . anyone who thinks that today's kids are "all losers" . . . . you need to visit one of our military bases . . . . bless them all and for the "cupcakes" who are "losers" . . . . sometimes you just can't fix stupid . . . . .

I ran into a smart kid at the drug store, and quick witted too.
    I was looking for AREDS eye vitamins. I've taken them for a couple years and have worked my way out of needing glasses.

I couldn't find 'em on the shelf. A kid working there came up and asked if he could help.
    I told him what I was looking for, and what they did.

He showed me, and it was a spot I'd already looked. I said, "Why didn't I see them there"?
    He replied, "That might be because of why you need them".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    I think the kids of today will just do fine, the only problem I see is their parents and some of their stupid ideas and over protection.When I got in trouble at school the teacher gave you a good dressing down, then the head master and when you got home you got it from your parents, now the parents go straight to the head and the teacher end up in trouble. My daughter worked in the transport dept doing driving tests, if you failed one of these kids, again the parents would come and complain to the manager and the testers got in trouble. Not a good example to set for the kids,scream until you get your own way.

Boolit Master
    Helicopter parents are the result of the generation-X kids being turned into latchkey kids by their boomer parents.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Just remember when lamenting the next generation, every single kid in the sandbox is a volunteer.
    Last edited by fatnhappy; 02-28-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    Just remember when lamenting the next generation that every single kid in the sandbox is a volunteer.
    And many are there for multi tours.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Fusion fuses Hydrogen atoms (really heavy Hydrogen, Deuterium) into helium releasing a lot of energy they have made some small reactors for quite a few years but they never got to a useful stage . A friend in the military told me they have made some real progress but it is kept quiet.
    Last year liberals were making up stories about how bad fusion would be to use ,that alone made me think a break though is near!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    And many are there for multi tours.
    Cause the boomers sent them

Boolit Grand Master
    Problem we have here is the school system.
    They only teach what the kids need to pass the required exam.
    Nothing more.
    Majority of the teachers brain wash the kids.
    Anti-gun, anti-republican, some even anti-America.
    We have teachers I have a hard time understanding.
    Have a few friends who have home schooled their kids.
    We have kids graduating who can't even work at McDonadl's.
    We are becoming a "welfare for all" state.
    There are a small minority that get through collage.
    It's sad.

Boolit Grand Master

Higher education for a republican is much like tip toeing through a minefield. Most Profs are extremely liberal and they teach it.
    I have a (sophomore) granddaughter with a 4.4 GPA, but she has to be awfully careful how she expresses herself. She says it's hard to learn the required material and keep it separated from reality. It's like projecting both sides of a serious debate.
    BTW She acquired her smarts somewhere other than from me.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12