Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Assistance in locating a refurb or used Air Gun

Boolit Master

Assistance in locating a refurb or used Air Gun

Looking to buy a good used or refurb'd TX200 HC. Where would a guy find one? Are there any sites that would have any? Any help would be appreciated. I probably should have posted in the buy/sell section, but there is almost zero activity concerning Air Gun's .

Boolit Master

An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Moderator Emeritus

I offer an "A+++" on Pyramid Air refurb! Perhaps (for once ) I was lucky, but when I wanted a PCP -- to see they commanded more $$$ than I really had to expend -- I found an Air Arms refurb on their site which was still ridiculously (imho) overpriced. I ordered over telephone, and managed to get a 10% new customer or something discount, free shipping, and (to my state) no sales tax! Suggested by "Tyler" was I spend ten dollars for them to shoot the rifle ten times, check it out 100%, and even send a chrony tape of their efforts! My two teeny-tiny complaints were that the 1st owner had scribbled a bit on instruction booklet; and, a plastic bag of spare parts was not included. I rang Pyramid, and not only did they send me a new parts bag with the screws not sent, but a brand new (really not necessary) instruction book. I've had/shot this for going-on four years, and always have a warm and fuzzy feeling re Pyramid each time I pick it up! I kind of think of them as the "RCBS" customer-service wise of air rifles.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Airgun Depot often has refurbs for sale. I ordered two refurbed Umarex Colts and both functioned like new. One had a scratch on the top strap the other was like new without a mark on it.
    I can hit a drink can at 25 yards at every shot with either of these. Not bad at all for fixed sight pellet revolvers.

Boolit Master

Struck out at Airgun Depot but Pyramid has a TX200 HC refurb and it's only $65 less than new. Might just get new. Thanks guys for the references/info.

Boolit Master

One other question: I have a new Crosman Nitro Venom .22 that I need to sell before I buy the Air Arms TX200; what's the best venue in which to advertise my gun?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Struck out at Airgun Depot but Pyramid has a TX200 HC refurb and it's only $65 less than new. Might just get new. Thanks guys for the references/info.
    Sparky45 -- The Air Arms refurb I bought from Pyramid was $60.00 less than one new; as mentioned the seller suggested I pay an extra ten dollars for their putting the rifle through its paces, including a test-firing with an attached chronograph tape being sent with the rifle, and the WARRANTY being super -- I reckoned I'd be fifty dollars ahead. And... I have had not a single regret! As a btw, mine looked as if it had not ever been fired, even after Pyramid's ten shots: no scratches, dents, or dings. As a btw, the air pump I purchased for a PCP came defective -- and I needed return it (no problem, just a pia re time and inconvenience) -- and in retrospect believe if I could have bought this "refurb" with the $10.00 check-out, I'd have been ahead . Just some more pennies (cents?).
    geo

Boolit Master

Thanks George, I'll reconsider my choices.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    One other question: I have a new Crosman Nitro Venom .22 that I need to sell before I buy the Air Arms TX200; what's the best venue in which to advertise my gun?
    If it were me, I'd first try a local Craigslist or "Penysaver" type local newspaper. Pyramid now sells your air rifle for $149.99, including a 'scope. If you spend but one penny more, it ships free, too. To me, a real problem is when you add postage/shipping costs to what would be a fair return of your investment in your Nitro to you, then the total price becomes "unfair" -- if you know what I mean. Folks are generally so good on this site, perhaps a listing on the Swap & Sell (WTS:___) section might prove fruitful. And, I'd not be surprised (I do not know!) if there are not dedicated sites for airguns, where you may list your Nitro.
    Again, a "toughfee", and wish you the best. In my northern clime, gas pistons are the way to go, so to speak, and while I'm not familiar with your Nitro -- it should be marketable.
    BEST!
    geo

Boolit Master
    For the most part buying a refurb/remanufactured is safer as far as quality goes than buying a new gun. The refurbishing should deal with any manufacturing defects and they do test these guns more thoroughly than when they originally left the factory.

I was amazed at how well the Umarex Colts I bought performed, with both hitting dead on with the fixed sights and giving great groupings. I probably would not have been so lucky if I'd bought new ones.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    If it were me, I'd first try a local Craigslist or "Penysaver" type local newspaper. Pyramid now sells your air rifle for $149.99, including a 'scope. If you spend but one penny more, it ships free, too. To me, a real problem is when you add postage/shipping costs to what would be a fair return of your investment in your Nitro to you, then the total price becomes "unfair" -- if you know what I mean. Folks are generally so good on this site, perhaps a listing on the Swap & Sell (WTS:___) section might prove fruitful. And, I'd not be surprised (I do not know!) if there are not dedicated sites for airguns, where you may list your Nitro.
    Again, a "toughfee", and wish you the best. In my northern clime, gas pistons are the way to go, so to speak, and while I'm not familiar with your Nitro -- it should be marketable.
    BEST!
    geo
    George; I tried Craigslist and my add got booted; violation of posting rules. We don't have Pennysaver locally so I'm going to try Armslist.

Boolit Master

Well as oft times happens to/for me, my search for a new air gun changed direction(s). I purchased and receive my new rifle next Wed. from Airguns of Arizona, a Weihrauch HW30s in .177 caliber. OK change since the force to cock is markedly reduced and accuracy is touted as excellent. Still have the Crosman Nitro Viper .22 that I'm probably going to sell. Come on Wednesday!!

Moderator Emeritus

sparky45 -- I had never heard of the Wellrauch HW30s, so I "checked it out" -- it surely looks like you made a fine choice, and I wish you the best with it!!! Again, though, as I earlier wrote, you may try listing it in S&S on this site. With your new air-rifle coming, you'll even have a box (assuming you don't still have the one from your Nitro) to pack it in ! I pasted a picture of your new Wellrauch here -- very pleasing to the eye air rifle, as well. Again, BEST wishes with it!
    geoAttachment 237154

Boolit Master

Thanks again George; I'm hoping next Wednesday is a decent day to try it out. I do still have the box, it's only a year old and less than a can of 250 down the bore. Actually less than a hundred.