Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1917 enfield and 303 British values?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

1917 enfield and 303 British values?

I put a few rifles up for sale for $400 each and want to make sure I’m not giving them away.

Am I way off my rocker for prices or am I too cheap? Just listed them a few minutes ago. Figured I’d sell them and put the money towards a Ruger super Blackhawk 41 mag hunter, a 44 Bisley hunter, a 454, or a rifle I will use.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/958642...itish-for-sale

Hoping someone will chime in to give me advise. Forgot I have an Argentine Mauser in the same condition with a Williams peep sight as well.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-18-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Hard to say without shopping around and seeing what similar ones have recently sold for.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Non original sportized military rifles sell different prices in different parts of the country. Around my neck of the woods you would be a good $100.00 high but I have seen 1917 models sell for that and a bit more in the Midwest and west. With todays 300 and 400 dollar new rifles by Ruger, Mossberg and others, its going to be a harder sell in the future. I do think you selling point is a good place to start though.

Boolit Master
    Local prices for those are running @ $250-$300.
    All original, non-sporterized, are getting @ $100 more.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

If they were original I would definitely want to hold on to them for the coolness value. Just would like something different.

Boolit Buddy
    I just went and checked them out, probably a good starting point. I wondered where you were, as I'm farther south. Good luck with your selling. I have 2 303's already, but always looking.

Boolit Master

Around here, you might get $200/$250 for the Brits, maybe another $100 for the '17.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    I see the top LE in the first pic has a complete volley sight.........this assy is worth up to $200 on its own,the front dial,pointer,plate and screw might fetch $200 as an assy on a good day.None of this stuff can be found any more..............the action also looks like it might be a MkI SMLE,no charger bridge..............if it has the sliding clip guide in the bolthead,the bolt is also worth money,maybe $100...........I suggest you give it a run on the Gunboards LE forum.

Thanks, I lowered them to $375 each today. Hopefully someone wants them all and I’ll do a bundled discount.

Boolit Master
    With the price of some new rifles in the same range as yours they wouldn't sell around here. I saw a matching # P14 at the last show for $400. I thought it was worth $500 but nobody was looking at it.

I dropped them to $350 ea and still no responses. I’ll keep dropping till I get bites.

Just dropped them to $300 ea. We will see what happens.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Boolit Master
    I see a SMLE Mk1**,as the top one was before cutting,sold a day ago on GB for $3000+..........

No bites yet, dropped to $275 each.

Boolit Master

i think your getting close to the price ballpark now. id guess 200-225.

Boolit Master

Ditto - john.k that brit was a nice one, the volley fire sight is not seen much. Now, it needs sights and new full stock, like a million others. No offense, but you have deer rifles, and they all need a tad of tweaking, assuming the barrels are in good shape. Most folks would rather buy a new for same money or less: not realizing that these would last 10 lifetimes as deer rifles. Good luck.

In Remembrance

A recent on line auction had a very badly `BUBBA`ED` 1917 that had lots of freckle rust, a butchered fore stock, a cut down barrel not square at muzzle with a Springfield sight. An after market scope mount where the rear sight used to be and a `jack knife` made cheek piece of pine. Final price was $185! Why it went that high for an Eddystone I can`t imagine.Robert

Just dropped to $250 each...somebody want a package deal?

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, have to check the gun budget, might be up for a road trip north. Will think about this one.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I put a few rifles up for sale for $400 each and want to make sure I’m not giving them away.

Am I way off my rocker for prices or am I too cheap? Just listed them a few minutes ago. Figured I’d sell them and put the money towards a Ruger super Blackhawk 41 mag hunter, a 44 Bisley hunter, a 454, or a rifle I will use.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/958642...itish-for-sale

Hoping someone will chime in to give me advise. Forgot I have an Argentine Mauser in the same condition with a Williams peep sight as well.
    The volley sight on the top one would get 200-300 here in Oz .Hard to find complete . Magazines go for 60-100 also. Im talking AU dollars of course .Collectors and restorers delight that top one .

Boolit Master
    if you did not sell them by now I would hang on to them. They are inching upward in price as are others from the battlefield era.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast