Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Patroit moble?

Boolit Master

Patroit moble?

I've been hearing commercials for them and it sounds just a bit to good to be true, anyone here use them? I went the web site and looked around but I'd like to hear from someone that actually knows.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

I like the idea. Checked coverage locally, mostly roaming, some black, no pink or red.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus

Spotty coverage here, I checked...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Spotty coverage here, I checked...
    Thanks Mary, I'm not surprised, if you had coverage out there I'd be shocked.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

Verizon 4g here is great... I can see the tower form my backyard LOL

Boolit Master

I looked at it. It uses Sprint network, so a CDMA phone is required, instead of a GSM phone that the rest of the world uses.

I was on Sprint for 18 years, got tired of the coverage problems, so I switched to a different network. It's really going to depend on where you are. Find someone that lives near you, and has Sprint. Ask how the coverage works for them.

Banned
    In WY it's Verizon or silence.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Have no dog in this show . . . . We were on Sprint for many years and we finally got tired of the spotty coverage and especially the dropped calls. We ended up going with Consumer Cellular and couldn't be happier - we don't do much texting and I still have a "dumb" flip phone and the wife has a smart phone - rarely uses data though. Much more reasonable that others we looked in to. We have had no issues with CC traveling back and forth from MI to AZ - once in a while in a mountain you might have to wait a few minutes but I'm sold on them. Plus - no contract.

Boolit Master
    I saw the ad for Patriot mobile in Freedom magazine. I checked them out. The ad said that coverage was as good as ATT and Verizon. I am using Verizon now, and it works good, but Patriot indicated that coverage might not be very good for my location. I'll just stay with Verizon.

Moderator Emeritus

They need to use Verizon towers... I have great 4g coverage with them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    They need to use Verizon towers... I have great 4g coverage with them.
    We went with Verizon a few years ago. The sales guy didn't think they had coverage in this area, but we went with them anyhow. Coverage is great.

Boolit Master

Any updates on this? I am considering switching. I have Verizon now. Lotsa dropped calls.
    Western Colorado now and maybe Missouri later.