MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: OHAUS U.S.A. .... they are all dead???

Boolit Buddy

OHAUS U.S.A. .... they are all dead???

For about a month I try to contact OHAUS USA about their balance 10-10. I wrote in another post the problem related to this scale, bought NEW from a US seller, through E-Bay, but come to me with the seat of a magnet ..... desolately empty!
    Ohaus Europa immediately replied giving me the address of OHAUS USA techsupport@ohaus.com
    They could not do anything, giving me all the explanations of the case. Among other things, they completely ignore this product.
    Ohaus USA, however, does not answer at all!
    Maybe I'm wrong e-mail address?
    Can anyone tell me how to contact OHAUS USA?
    I go to their site, I get the e-mail in which they tell me that they will answer me as soon as possible, but then NOTHING!

Boolit Master
    Try calling them....

OHAUS USA Support
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST

There is more contact possibilities located directly under the Contact info I just gave ya, in the Tabs(links).
    There is General Questions/Technical Inquiry/Service centers/ Warranty Registration tabs.

Source link: https://us.ohaus.com/en-US/Contact-Us

That is the best I can do to help, without spending more time looking this info up for you. It just took seconds using a search engine... You should try it. LOL
    Keywords were, "OHAUS USA"

G'Luck!

P.S. - "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"... Keep calling them & emailing them a LOT...
    Last edited by JBinMN; 02-18-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    thanks, but I had already done it! I immediately received an e-mail ... no-replay, in which they wrote that I would be contacted as soon as possible.
    but almost two months have passed (in the meantime I have written many times), but I have not heard of it!
    that's why I was worried, fearing that they were ... dead!

Boolit Master

I was teasing a bit with ya. Just "pulling on your chain a bit.".
    I can understand your frustration though. Just making light of it a bit.

If it were me, I would be trying to call one of the closest "Service Centers" listed below... Then call them till they get tired of hearing the "Squeeky wheel" and do something.

If ya do get thru & they tell ya to contact OHAUS USA again, try to get a "Direct" number to someone there. Even in Sales, and get someone who can then get ya a number "direct" "in-house" at OHAUS USA to someone who can help ya with the issue...
    ( ^ "Social engineering trick ^. Works most of the time. Phone transfer, "Sales to Tech support" inside connections, or get a "direct" number from the Salesperson )

Here they are with the source link below, to get them later if needed,

& G'Luck!

East Coast US Locations

Northeast

L.A.W Calibration, LLC
    Saco, ME 04072
    Phone: (207) 229-6554
    Email: info@lawcalibration.com

Mid-Atlantic

Johnson Scale & Balance Co.
    Pine Brook, NJ 07058
    Phone: (800) 572-2531 Ext 30 (Service Dept.)
    Email: service@johnsonscale.com

Southeast

Wingfield Scale Company
    Chattanooga, TN 37404
    Phone: (800) 522-9464
    Fax: (423) 698-0111
    Email: Joseph@wingfieldscale.com

Central US Locations

North Central

Kennedy Scales
    Coon Rapids, MN 55448
    Phone: (763) 784-1022
    Fax: (763) 784-1206
    Email: pberning@kennedyscales.com

Mid Central

Brechbuhler
    Canton, OH 44706
    Phone: (800) 331-2424
    Fax: (330) 453-5322
    Email: canton@bscales.com

Central Illinois Scale Company
    Decatur, IL 62526
    Phone: (800) 234-5880
    Email: Ohaus@CentralillinoisScale.com

Data Weighing Systems
    Wood Dale, IL 60191
    Phone: (800) 750-6842
    Email: Ohaus@DataWeigh.com

M2 Scientifics
    Holland, MI 49424
    Phone: (616) 379-9080
    Email: sales@m2scientifics.com

United Scale a Transcat Co.
    New Berlin, WI 53151
    Phone: (800) 236-1733
    Fax: (262) 785-9754
    Email: sales@unitedscale.com

South Central

Aldinger Company
    Dallas, TX 75235
    Phone: (888) 822-1299
    Fax: (214) 638-1750
    Email: service@aldingerco.com

West Coast US Locations

North West Coast

Quality Control Services
    Portland, OR 97214
    Tel: (503) 236-2712 Ext 305
    Fax: (503) 235-2535
    Email: repair@qc-services.com

South West Coast

San Diego Scale
    San Diego, CA 92102
    Phone: (866) 737-2253
    Fax: (619) 262-6181
    Email: Paul@SanDiegoscale.com

Canada

Eastern Canada

Laboratoire Dispersion, a Transcat Canada Division
    9900 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse
    Lachine, Quebec
    H8T 1A1
    Phone: (866) 390-5066
    Email: customercare@dispersion.ca

Geneq Inc.
    Montreal, Quebec
    H1J 1S5
    Phone: (800) 463-4363
    Fax: (514) 354-6948
    Email-French: soutieneclient@dispersion.ca
    Email-English: Customercare@dispersion.ca

Central Canada

M & L Testing Equipment, Inc.
    Dundas, Ontario
    L9H 7H8
    Phone: (800) 263-9244
    Fax: (905) 689-3978
    Email: info@mltest.com

source link: https://us.ohaus.com/en-US/Support/Service-Centers
    Last edited by JBinMN; 02-18-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Buddy
    Grazie!!! I will disturb every one!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    They don't have anything for the 10-10 scales.
    I needed the measuring label plate on mine.
    Emailed many time and finally called.
    I actually got to talk to a person.
    She said they no longer have parts for it.Try RCBS.
    They used to make them for RCBS, but got rid of everything when they stopped.
    RCBS told me to check with Ohaus.

Boolit Master
    Lyman used to sell the exact same scale, rebranded. You might try calling them for parts.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    rcbs was the first to be contacted by me! Unfortunately they have nothing! I got RCBS answered after 24 hours, OHAUS will answer maybe after 24 years!
    Yet they should know how the scales they sell work!
    I asked first of all how many magnets mount the scale 10-10, then I sent the photo of a small magnet that I had found inside the shipping envelope, but out of the box of the original package, to know if that was the magnet (I do not know how did he get out? Maybe at the customs?); finally I asked, if the scale mounts TWO magnets, if I could remove the remaining magnet and replace them with another pair of similar magnets!
    I believe that two similar magnets (I do not think if they were a little stronger or weaker can affect!) should work!

Boolit Buddy
    I would have given up long ago and looked for an alternative way. Ask here, there's several people willing to help with a good knowledge of these scales. Removing and replacing the magnets on a 10/10 is a simple job with one easily accessible screw. I would happily do it for nothing for you but unfortunately the postage cost and return to the UK would be prohibited.

Boolit Buddy
    Grazie!
    The problem is not how to replace the magnets, but to know if they can be replaced by a pair of magnets similar to the originals! In fact it is very difficult to find identical magnets for size and magnetic strength!
    It annoys me above all the fact not to receive an answer! Yet 10-10 is the most expensive balance for reloaders! They should pay more attention to their customers!
    And then, again, I had found this magnet in the envelope:

I just wanted to know if it was the original one or any other magnet, put in the package by a NON honest seller!
    By the way, does anyone know this seller and what does he sell?
    Sunrise ENA LLC (wow-store - FL) - amazingusadeals@gmail.com
    He tried in every way to make the terms for the claim with Pay-Pal expire, promising me a partial refund that he never did!
    I do not understand the American, but I understand very well if an American wants to take me for a ride!
    So I swear on my head that I give it to you to pay!

Boolit Master
    I have one more suggestion that came into my head just now.

Do you have a "SPAM" folder where emails go when they are just advertisers trying to sell something to you?

Perhaps a check in that email folder you might find that they tried to contact you but the email filtering system thought it was a company trying to sell to you & the email system put the emails in the wrong place.

Another possibility was that the reply email was mis typed and any reply may be going to the wrong person.

These are just some ideas to check on.

I will think on maybe finding another way to get you some help.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Grazie! NO SPAM!!!:triste:

Boolit Master
    I just went and looked around & it seems that OHAUS has not made this type scale in maybe 2 years..

It could be that they do not carry parts for these scales anymore.

I bring a link for you to go read if you like & there you may get more info.

I will search some more for you to see if I can find out anything more about these scales.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thr...10-10.3925420/

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by airone46 View Post
    Grazie!
    The problem is not how to replace the magnets, but to know if they can be replaced by a pair of magnets similar to the originals! In fact it is very difficult to find identical magnets for size and magnetic strength!
    It annoys me above all the fact not to receive an answer! Yet 10-10 is the most expensive balance for reloaders! They should pay more attention to their customers!
    And then, again, I had found this magnet in the envelope:

I just wanted to know if it was the original one or any other magnet, put in the package by a NON honest seller!
    By the way, does anyone know this seller and what does he sell?
    Sunrise ENA LLC (wow-store - FL) - amazingusadeals@gmail.com
    He tried in every way to make the terms for the claim with Pay-Pal expire, promising me a partial refund that he never did!
    I do not understand the American, but I understand very well if an American wants to take me for a ride!
    So I swear on my head that I give it to you to pay!

Yes, that's the original magnet for a 10/10 scale and No, you will not find anyone supplying a new one shaped like that to directly replace it. Other magnets could be substituted if, for example, one was missing or broken but you would need to modify the metal bracket that holds them in place. This magnet has obviously jarred out of place by rough handling while shipping, it's easy to refit.

RCBS withdrew their complete range of beams scales (10/10, 505, 502) around 3-4 years ago and replaced the with two new scales, the M1000 and the M500. For around 8 years prior to RCBS dropping their old scale range the scales were either made in China or Mexico. Your scale may say "made by Ohaus, NJ." cast into the bottom of the scale but the only way to tell where it was actually manufactured is to look on the cardboard box. Made in China.

In the last few months the 10/10 scale has been advertised again but not under the RCBS banner, these new scales are grey in colour and being produced in China.

Boolit Master
    I doubt If they sill support the 10-10 . i have an account with Ohaus in Nj. I got some parts for a older Dial O grain. Same as the M310
    you can try Ph# 800-672-7722 Ext 7720 or Email
    mariafrederico@ohaus.com
    best of luck
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Those were good scales. Sadly not made anymore. No more parts available from Ohaus. I would guess there is no support unles perhaps parts interchange with one of the China made units.

Boolit Buddy
    Grazie a tutti!

The only Ohaus product that I have ever owned is a drum powder measure which looks alot like a rcbs measure but I’ve never thought it very accurate and when I used to use it I would set it low and weigh every charge. Some would be light so I’d top off while others would be dead on?? I bought rcbs measures and stopped weighing. But I now use almost all Dillon measures. Maybe why Ohaus didn’t survive.