This is an oldie that I posted about 7 years ago, but thought I would dust it off and re-post if anyone is interested. This is for those that love cabbage, as I dearly do. Got some going in the kitchen right now and looking forward to a good supper.

1 to 1 1/2 # ground meat, whatever is your favorite.
About 1/2 large head cabbage (4-5 cups?)
1 tbsp steak seasoning, cajun seasoning, whatever your favorite blend is.
1 tbsp garlic powder. Fresh or dried pods are good, too. Too much garlic!!!! No such animal for me.
1 can Ranch Style beans, or whatever you like best.
1/2 fresh onion (3 in. dia)--chopped medium
8 oz Velveeta type cheese. I use Kroger "Nice & Cheesy".

Put pan on to boil for cabbage
Cook ground meat, break up into crumbs of your size
Add onions, cook till almost clear.
Add seasoning.
When meat and onion mix is done, add Ranch Style beans, if too dry, add 1/2 can water. Mix should be wet, kinda like a good spaghetti sauce.

While meat is cooking, do the following:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Chop cabbage into 3/4 or 1 inch pieces/blanche until wilted (3-5 minutes)
Cube cheese into 1/2 pieces
Drain cabbage
Put the cabbage into something big enough to mix everything. Let cool and add cheese. Mix this thoroughly. Then when the meat/bean mixture is done, add it. Mix well and pour into casserole, place in oven for 35 minutes, uncovered. The top of the cabbage may brown/blacken, but its all good. Let sit to cool a little and then enjoy. For heat, I'm talking my serving, add cayenne (red) pepper, tabasco, whatever, or (favorite) thin sliced fresh jalapeno or pickled jalapeno. An old family favorite I'm happy to share, again. And, a pan of cornbread goes very well with it.