Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Accurate molds is an awesome company

Accurate molds is an awesome company

I sent an email to Tom at Accurate molds asking him if I could get a mold with the 35-125Y catalog but with a gas check. This was on February 7th. He added it as 35-125YG and I ordered it on the 9th and I got the mold today - and it's a 4 cavity BRASS mold...

I have several other Accurate molds and they drop perfect boolits from start to finish.

Anyway, that is exceptional customer service with an exceptional product.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    I have 2 Accurate molds and drop nice bullets, the next mold I buy will be from Accurate. I ask Tom some questions last week by e mail and he was very quick with the reply and info I needed.

I have 8 Accurate molds. Recently I did a pound cast of my 14 inch Contender .374 JDJ and texted a pencil drawing to Tom. My design had critical diameter dimensions and Tom came through as usual. The boolits shoots fantastic at 100 yards. I don't know of any other mold maker that will do that for a customer.

Boolit Grand Master

I recently received my first Accurate mold. It cast great and is a thing of beauty. Its my first aluminum mold in 40 something years and I had a few reservations at first. I was tempted by brass and came very close to paying the extra for a steel mold. I would like to see his shop. No particular reason other than curiosity. I'm amazed that he can make custom diameters at such an affordable price.

All mine are Accurate. Sold a couple recently so ready to design another. He is more 'custom' than NOE.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

He really is great. Accurate molds will make exactly what you want, and quickly. I've not had to wait more than 3 weeks yet.

I've never bought a Mountain mold, although he makes good molds as well. I only wish Mountain's online program listed the dimensions on the drawing, instead of just assuming some of the numbers, going by eye. Nothing against MP, but I just can't understand why you would ever go for a group buy now, and that seems to be the only way MP works.I also like NOE a lot. They have a number of great designs, and keep them in stock; no waiting.The big thing with NOE is for the same price as a flat point Accurate mold, you get different pins for flat, cup, or hollow points. I really want to give Arsenal molds a chance, but the guy will not answer emails or phone. For the price, Arsenal seems almost unbeatable other than Lee, and he has a couple decent designs.

Most of my molds are Lee, but my Accurate mold collection is growing. I just sent Tom a new design 1 pm Thursday. Yesterday evening I looked, and he already had it on his website. Nobody can beat that. I have another 5 cavity aluminum mold headed my way.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 02-16-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Had a good casting session with the new mold today. It took a little while, but it started dropping perfect boolits...
    It's hard to stop casting when you have a mold just throwing good boolits cast after cast...
    Anyway, I ended up casting about 11 1/2 lbs of boolits which should be about 650 or so boolits. That'll keep me busy for a couple months.
    Attachment 236178
    I powder coated a few for research...
    Attachment 236179
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in Australia and my experiences mirror the op.

Tom is quick to reply and add requested changes to the catalog a his molds are top grade.

I have 11 of them so far with plans to add more. My preference is for his 2 or 3 cavity iron molds. They work the best for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the 35-125Y in a 4 cavity aluminum for my 357 Sigs. I warm it on a hotplate while the pot is coming up to temp and it starts dropping good bullets on the first cast. Love Accurate molds.

Boolit Master
    I have had a mold from him in hand and casting five days from ordering! There is none better than Tom.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Master

My Accurate mold is the Rolls Royce of all my molds! Just a pleasure to cast with.

Tom is the best. Want something diff, as long as he can do it, it gets done & quickly with highest quality. I have several of his molds, A couple that he customized for me as well.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol