RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage customer service sucks!!

No problem, thanks for responding.

Boolit Master
    I have to admit I only have two Savages bought in the last two years. One has about 1000rnds (.223 pretty short cartridge) and the other is approaching 500 (.308). Neither have had any problem. I guess I am lucky not to have had to call their customer service folks.

Boolit Master

You won't believe this! As I said I would do in my earlier post I sent another email to Savage with a link to this thread. WITHIN AN HOUR I GOT A RESPONSE! On a Saturday night at 6:15 no less.

Debra Roberts (Savage Arms, Inc)
    Feb 16, 6:15 PM EST

Hi Hal,
    We apologize for not contacting you sooner, we have been overwhelmed with emails and are answering them as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

We replaced several parts on your firearm and tested it at the range before it was shipped back to you. I'm sorry to hear you are still having an issue with your firearm.

I can certainly email you a ups call tag on Tuesday once I return to the office.

Please email me your physical mailing address.

thank you,
    Debbi

Wow, I could kiss this girl and Savage needs to give her a raise!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Super Moderator

...........I purchased a Savage M112 single shot, 26" heavy barrel in .223 in 82. This was just after They'd gone through a financial reorganization and were only making the long action at the time. I had an O-1 FFL at the time and paid $285 (dealer) for it from Bill Hicks. In any event the thing shot like a laser beam. It also had about the smoothest shiniest bore I'd EVER seen. All day in the rat fields and a 150 or so rounds through it and all it took was one patch of Sweets and it was back to mirror status.

Fast forward a couple decades and I bought a Savage M10FP in 308 with a 24" HB and finished in a dull 'Tacti-kewl' matte black. Close to first thing I looked down bore and was amazed with the tool marks I could see. I assumed they were still buttoned, but that had to have been vibrating to beat the band to produce a barrel surface like that. I never even shot it.

I simply boxed it back up and sent it off to Savage with an enclosed letter explaining to them how disappointed I was in the visual quality of the barrel's bore. Never even called them. I was hot Maybe not too smart either, but I was ashamed of that bore, and felt betrayed by Savage after all the times I'd bragged about that M112 to friends. I suppose it was maybe about 3 weeks and here it came back to me.

On the info sheet it noted: Three rounds, 100 yards Federal 168gr Sierra HPBT Matchkings. And they HAD put a new barrel on it. However I have to admit that while it was vastly better then what had been on it, it still wasn't of the same quality of finish as the 27 year older rifle And yes, it is a great shooting piece, but it takes a few more then one simple flannel patch with Sweets on it to get to bare metal. But with the way it shoots I will "Waste" a couple extra patches any time

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Next you’re going to tell me the car dealership wants you to bring in your car to see whats wrong. Whats this world coming to!

Banned

I have called Savage customer service twice.
    I have four Hog Hunters. They now sell them with a detachable magazine.
    Mine are blind box models.
    I ordered new bottom metal to convert then to a detachable magazine.
    The guns are shooters, recent production. Very happy.
    Excellent customer service.
    Sorry to hear the bad reports.

Boolit Master

The helpful lady mentioned in my above post did indeed send me a mailing label and I sent the rifle back. She certainly did her part and hope the smiths will do theirs. Hat off to Ms. Roberts in any case.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Ive had nothing but good service from Savage. Bought a new B22 FVSR from the gun shop the month they came out for a nice woods gun that I didn't have to worry about the finish on. Stopped extracting after 20 rounds. Thought it needed to be broken in so I cleaned and dealt with it for a month or so then took it back to my dealer. He sent it back and in 10 days it was back with a reamed chamber due to it being too tight. Runs good since.

Bottom line, they want your gun back to look at it. They have no idea or a way to prove that you have 50 odd years in the gun business. And if they did, that doesn't even qualify you to figure out whats wrong as you had to call them about it. A manufacturer that is willing to look at and possibly fix an issue with their product gratis under warranty is a good thing in any age, era, time, whatever you want to call these times we live in. Send it back or don't. If you don't, you have no right to bash anyone or anything besides yourself. If you do send it back and there are still unaddressed issues, then you have reason and cause for concern. Send it in and see what happens.

Boolit Buddy
    I want to dislike savage rifles. I don't care for the accutrigger, their stocks are cheap feeling, and the magazines are awkward to load. But darn can they shoot, best accuracy per dollar ratio you'll find anywhere.

Moderator Emeritus

I called my chiropractor a while back. I was all hunched up and hurting. Office lady said they couldn't get me into day, how did I spell my name? I told her and she said "Oh, John. Come on in at 3 and we'll get you in". I told the Dr. how well existing patients were treated and he said "If you were one of several jerks she wouldn't have let you in for a couple of days. With the office nice guys finish first"
    There might be something to learn here. I believe the OP's gun should be corrected by the factory as apparently so do they. A phone diagnosis and free parts sent is not the correct thing to so with a firearm.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Sounds like Savage tried to do there part. With that problem as a company I would want to make sure the bolt head was in speck (not a equipment problem) and that it was the correct bolt head
    (not a employee problem) and that it got fixed correctly.
    Aaron

Boolit Master

Just an update. Did get my rifle back about 2 weeks ago but just had the opportunity to give it a workout today. I did get a note this time from smiths that chamber had been polished and function tested. First loaded a Butler Creek 25 round mag with Aquila lead nosed 40 grainers. Figure those might be problems but no! Ripped through a mag with no issues into 2" at 50 yds. Then the same rounds from the factory 10 round rotary mag with 3 FTF. Gave it a whirl into the piney woods. 10 rounds through another factory mag with CCI JHP with no issues. Another go through the Butler Creek mag and only 1 FTF so that's it. I'm calling that a win since the rifle in total has only had maybe 150 rounds since it was new a couple of years ago simply because it was so dysfuntional. Do love the caliber and I at least know what the biggest problem is, in case it needs a bit more wear or polishing. I thank the lady who paid attention and got this resolved.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Buddy
    "...and their stupid "are you a human" thingy won't load. Tried 3 times and said heck with it."
    Getting harder to fool a machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12