MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Outdoor Edge Replacable Blade Knife

Boolit Grand Master

Outdoor Edge Replacable Blade Knife

My wife got me one for Valentines. Pretty nice folder with a very nice rubbery grip. The blade is wicked sharp and comes with 5 refills. I read in the directions that the blade can be resharpened and I wonder if anyone here has owned one of these knives, how they liked it and how the resharpened blade worked out if they did that.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I've never owned a replaceable blade knife but I looked that one up and the replacement blades are pretty cheap. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Outdoor-Edg...lade/999956664. I just got a double sided paddle strop which is what I would use to hone the blades to extend their life. I had a friend make mine but it similar to these. https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Strops-C11.aspx Add a little white or green polishing compound to the suede side and you'll keep those blades surgery sharp.
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 02-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

the directions say to sharpen at 22 degrees. Lansky makes a multiple angle sharpener whoch would work great on it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Jon, I have a similar Havalon knife. I’ve gotten pretty good at keeping knives very sharp in the past few years. Dropped a Roma tomato on a blade a few days ago just to test my skills and the blade cut through the tomato. I can’t imagine getting a knife as sharp as those scalpel blades. No doubt that some people can but it would take great sharpening skills.

A blade is good for 2-3 field dressings before I notice any dulling and they’re still sharper than most people can sharpen a blade when they first start to lose the surgical edge.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Bub
    My brother has one. Its a nice knife. I religiously use havalon anymore. I dont think the OE is as sharp as a havalon. It does have a heavier blade which would probably come in handy for bigger animals. These replacement blade knives are great. I bone out all my deer anymore. Too much work to gut and drag. I use one blade per deer. I could easily get more out of a blade but a super sharp blade is amazing and they are cheap. I'm getting fairly good at it. Shoot a deer bone it out and be packed up heading to camp in under 40min by myself. Saves me alot if time later. A replacable blade knife and a T-handle saw and life it easy. I picked up a camping wire cable saw this year too. Like $2 in a camping closeout. That worked great for the pelvic and removing the head of my buck. A couple little things i did to save pack weight. For the price of replacement blades id just buy new and swap them out. For a couple bucks it aint worth waisting my time trying to get that scaple edge back on one. I bet you will enjoy the new knife. Just keep the blade channel clean when swapping blades. Want to make sure they lick in tight and dont poo out on you. Good luck and enjoy.

Adam

Boolit Bub
    I have this knife and I love it passionately. Used and abused as a tool. I’ve been carrying it almost 2 years or so. I broke the pocket clip on it and they sent me a new one. The new blades are SHARP, however, I’ve been sharpening the same blade over a year

Boolit Man
    I’ve been carrying one for over a year it is the EDC model that I wound up with at one of those white elephant christmas parties where everyone swaps gifts. I have used and abused it since with no real valid complaints other than it is not a good heavy duty knife like the cold steel voyager that it replaced all though I havent broken it yet it has loosened up quite a bit. With all that being said I like this knife it resharpens quick and easy cuts hay string and cardboard all day and if I dont have time to resharpen I have spare blades stashed in several locations like in pick-up, dresser drawer, and shop. when this one bites the dust I’ll probably buy another just because it’s easy.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear this info. Iv'e thought about getting one of these for a work knife but I didn't know how they hold up plus I kinda have a thing for victorinox swiss army knives.