Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBay has checks

Boolit Bub

Thumbs down EBay has checks

Hi eBay kicked my auction off and banned me for listing for three days. My items: gas checks. Six open boxes. Evaluating my eBay continuance. You should as well. Gas checks bad.

Sell 'em here.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

and yet, they are allowing box after box of bullets and brass cases. go figure

Boolit Master

ebay & p pal are evil!

Another vote for go to swapping and selling and offer them here. Oh wait you might not be able to post WTS if your post count isn't high enough yet. Not sure what that limit is but know they have one listed in the rules thread of S&S forum.

Wait until they figure out that most of the lead and alloys they sell are NOT going to make fishing weights. Too Bad, so Sad. We can all hope that if it does cross their mind their heads will explode.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Man
    I got tossed for 3 days for listing brass, its funny I had no idea it was banned, its on there all the time, I had to call an 800 number and promise I wouldn't relist it.

Thumbs down

I gave up on eBay years ago. Several times some eBay Nazi decided that my shooting / reloading / firearms related items that I wanted to sell "contradicted" eBay policies. When the excessive fees they are charging these days continued to go higher and higher I gave up on them entirely since it just wasn't worth the trouble any longer. I seldom buy items on there anymore either unless it is something exceptional like a long out of production mould that I've been searching for ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

It is hard to figure out their PC rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    It is hard to figure out their PC rules.
    Only if you sell there. Like an unreasonable ex the best solution can just be to avoid the problem.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Wow that’s interesting because I can find all kinds of Boolits sizing dies and gas checks on eBay.ca for sale right now on it wonder why you were shut down maybe because your a private seller not a multi million dollar company

Boolit Master

Dropped fleaBay and PayPal years and years ago. Had just agreed on a deal with a private seller for a .32-20 Contender barrel when, suddenly, he just disappeared from eBay and PayPal altogether. Contacted their customer service and was told he'd been banned for listing "prohibited items" and all his open transactions had been voided. When the rep refused to provide contact info (e-mail, phone, whatever) I demanded to speak with her supervisor and received the same line of boilerplated C**P. Asked to go farther up the tree but no one ever called back. Within the next 24 hours, though, a couple of my items (gun-related but not ammo components or actual gun parts) were also dropped as "prohibited" and I received a "warning notice". Closed out both accounts the very next day and have never looked back.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

eBay is weird like that. I tried selling brass and they shut me down, BUT someone who sells "keychains" made from different caliber brass can sell all day long. After they shut my auction down I did a search for brass and lo and behold there was a few auctions with just hours left and bids! WT? You can sell gun stocks, parts, kits, accessories as far as I know.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

They are not consistent. I suspect that they look the other way until someone tags a listing as prohibited, then they act.
    I object to their anti 2nd amendment policies but they are the 300 lb gorilla.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Ebay used to prohibit more than they do now in way of gun parts. Sometimes you can find good stuff on there. Pends on what you're looking for of coarse. I bought my Lee hand press on off ebay. I wanted a non breechlock version. Also if you want older knives or multitools it's a good place to look. Not to mention books.

Boolit Master
    I had a company yesterday refuse payment by PayPal because of their fee increase. It was not gun related.
    A couple months back, I bought some parts for a chainsaw that were defective (brand new parts) and found their insurance they are selling does not cover anything. Took me weeks to get a refund from the customer even after filing a complaint with PayPal. They are not my favorite people to business with.

I just bought some work lights through Amazon. Got treated right. I will look a little closer at Amazon now instead of Ebay.

Boolit Master
    When eBay first started there used to be guns for sale. In fact I bought a contender through them from a guy in my state. I later tried to sell some FAL magazines and M14 mags. The FAL mags got pulled for being too scary but the M14 mags were allowed. Contender barrels are ok but AR barrels are not. I actually get a little kick out of buying guns with PayPal. There are ways to do it.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Another vote for go to swapping and selling and offer them here. Oh wait you might not be able to post WTS if your post count isn't high enough yet. Not sure what that limit is but know they have one listed in the rules thread of S&S forum.......
    You need 7 more meaningful posts, at 23 now. The limits to post in S&S are 30 days as a member and 30 posts not in the Pit or S&S.

Remember you can only sell them here if they are exclusive to this board. No listing on another board or e-bay.

Hope his helps.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

This is the best place to sell. No crazy nut job fees.
    Last edited by Plate plinker; 02-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Boolit Master

I sold sights on ebay. Had to watch how i worded them. Could use carbine or rifle in the description or title.

Yet they have no problem with letting Chinese companies sell fake Leupold & other high end scopes
    all day long.

Use them for what they are.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast