Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBay has checks

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Check in vintage hunting you can buy complete black powder guns usually listed as parts ( its every part ) also seen parts for cartridge firing guns everything except frame next ad by same person was you guessed it the frame. See black powder cannons all the time. But no gas checks go figure.

Boolit Master

i worded my post wrong. Ment i could not use the term rifle or carbine on ebay.

Boolit Master
    I stopped selling when they forced sellers to take PayPal.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

So the big question is...What caliber?
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    Yet they have no problem with letting Chinese companies sell fake Leupold & other high end scopes
    all day long.

Use them for what they are.
    And fake US silver dollars.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I've bought and sold on fleabay for many years - yeah - an "evil" but sometimes a "necessary evil" - where else can you put something up and have the market that they have?

What irritates me about them is that there is no person to complain to. Chances are - on your checks - some "do gooder tree hugger' posted a complaint and they filed a complaint which automatically pulls your auction - anybody looking at one of your auctions can do it. Funny - I was looking on there last night and saw two cap and ball revolvers . . . hmmmm . . . . a number of cast lead bullets and a bunch of brass . . . . go figure.

What REALLY irritates me is when I run across the GAR and American Legion flag holders - these were supposed to be banned as folks were stealing them from cemeteries and selling them . . . .

A few years ago, I was selling off some of my Civil War collection (I collected for over 50 years) - I had an item up with bids on it - accurately described. A guy contacted me and wanted me to pull the auction and sell the item directly to him . . . I refused . . . hmmmm . . . .suddenly the auction as pulled for not being "accurate". I resisted it again . . . got bids . . . got pulled again. I attempted to contact them . . good luck with that! The guy found out who I was and actually called my house to pressure me to sell to him direct. I told him I would immediately post it as a "buy it now" and agreed to sell it to him - asked him for his user ID - he was stupid enough to give it to me and I immediately blocked him from my auction sites. He called me wanting to know what was going on and I nicely told him that if he wanted to screw with me, I would gladly call the police and have them pay a visit - I knew of his reputation through the Civil War collecting network and also told him that I would be more than happy to file a complaint with several of the big shows that he usually had a table at.

Cheer up . . . it ainn't going to get any better with the left and their holier then thou attitude . . . it's time someone on the right, with the $$ to do it, starts up a competition auction site that would really put the hurt on fleabay . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    You need 7 more meaningful posts, at 23 now. The limits to post in S&S are 30 days as a member and 30 posts not in the Pit or S&S.

Remember you can only sell them here if they are exclusive to this board. No listing on another board or e-bay.

Hope his helps.
    I figured he would have been grandfathered due to his join date, I guess times have changed and I've not kept up.

Slim
    Last edited by slim1836; 02-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

I guess for folks with more inventory to deal with a place such as eBay with the additional hassle makes sense. For myself I would always pick here as the first place I would offer an item. Second would be to a vendor or people at a show. On the other hand some have a lot of stuff collected and sell items to fund next project or will buy collections at estate sales or auctions and need to turn over the items they don't wish to keep.

It seems like too darn much hassle for me to even consider selling there. I have purchased on eBay but find most of what I might want that is reloading related I can also get with a WTB post here in S&S forum. Except for the odd out of production item like a Lee loader or things that people buy and then just keep. Such as the Lee hand press or powder scoops. Even if not used often people don't generally sell the one on their bench.

There is also something to be said for the ability to charge more on eBay. I assume some of the used stuff priced above new gets sold to someone once in awhile. Or that people pay the outrageous shipping charges I see for some items. If one wants to maximize profit on an item eBay market might pay more than the market here.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I bought a reloading press from someone in the USA,the press disappeared from tracking. Ebay reported the seller about the lost package and I got my money back before I knew anything about the lost package at all. The seller got to keep his money,too.

On another press I noticed "restricted item,delayed" in tracking history.

Yes, eBay is puzzling as their rules seem to be very inconsistent. I agree that they must only enforce if someone complains. With all their faults, there are good deals to be found. I buy there often and have only sold a time or two.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    They are not consistent. I suspect that they look the other way until someone tags a listing as prohibited, then they act.
    I object to their anti 2nd amendment policies but they are the 300 lb gorilla.
    I believe sometimes those tagging post have listings regularly that are more $$ but i was born cynical.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Call them 'Reloading supplies' - i see a TON of bullets and GC's recently.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Bub
    I either would sell them here or use gunbroker. Gunbroker fees are less anyway

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I figured he would have been grandfathered due to his join date, I guess times have changed and I've not kept up.

Slim
    Slim, sorry for slow reasponse. I have been told that in most cases that is probably right. i.e., he had more then 30 posts but when the purge happened all the posts in The Pit and S&S were disqualified to match the current rules. I lost about a third of my count at the time too. No one was grandfathered as I recall.

He needs 7 posts to qualify and responding to only half of the comments in this thread would have put him over the top yet no more posts have been logged since the original. Hope he is alright.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Those fake leupold scopes are pretty nice scopes. It is my understanding that china bought the equipment from leupold when they replaced there's and used it to make scopes. Now don't get me wrong they are not the quality of a gen but they are not bad. For someone on a fixed income they aren't bad been using a 6-24x50 for several years now and for $30 dollars shipped. Yes i feel kinda bad buying a counterfeit but it was the best scope i could afford. My brother uses leupold scopes and couldn't believe this scope.

Boolit Master
    ive got a busnell china clone 6x24x50 adjustable objective lens lighted red or green retical target type turrets lens caps with shipping for $34 oh and rings
    china will copy anything they can make money on (can see 22cal holes at 300yds}

Boolit Master

Bought a New Old Stock tin of 1000 6.5mm Hornady Gas Checks yesterday for $27 on Ebay. I think there may be an issue with the original poster's way he listed the sale rather than Ebay blocking the sale.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

I just searched "gas checks" on Ebay and pulled up 18 results. Have you questioned their ban?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Just an interesting side - note . . . . it may have been the way they were listed but anyone can file a complaint against a listing and that's important to remember.

Last night, two auctions by the same person closed - both were for percussion caps - it was all in how they listed them. Percussion cap "tins" are listed as they are collectible to some folks. The auction title never mentioned the tins were for the most part full. One lot was for 9 Navy Arms #10 tins - 7 unopened and two opened but containing caps. The other auctions was for 11 tins - 1 musket cap others #11 -some unopened some opened but containing what looked to be nearly full. I just happened to run across them as I was interested in another item the seller had listed and I looked at his other auctions. No harm/no foul as far as I'm concerned - had the wrong individual looked at them though, they could have submitted a complaint for a banned item and they would have been pulled like a lightening streak.

A couple of years ago, I bought an antique "Musket Cap" tin - from late 1800s - I wanted the tine for a display. All the auction noted was that they were selling the tin - had a variety of shots of it but none of it opened. When it arrived, it was full of original 4 wing caps. Had that been noted in the auction, it would probably have been pulled as well.

About five years ago, I bought an original pistol powder flask - a small horn with brass flask head - a veery nice original item - again for display. When it arrived, it was FULL of the original 3F powder. I transferred the powder to a period container and labeled it. I didn't weigh it but I would guess that there was probably close to 3 - 4 ounces. The seller shipped this through regular mail. I contacted them and advised the that if they ever had such a thing again - empty it before shipping as they had just violated postal regulations by to shipping it hazardous rate. Their reply . . . "Sorry. I never even thought about that.".

My point is that it may depend on the wording and just what is included in the description - for those that are savy - a little further reading beyond the initial description can sometimes be "rewarding". A savy seller knows that as well. Sometimes it all boils down to some "creative marketing" on the part of the seller in order to sidestep some of the "anti" and "Left" policies that are ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12