Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: WTS, original Hawksley shotgun powder flask ................

Super Moderator

WTS, original Hawksley shotgun powder flask ................

............Price is $75 inc shipping via SFR USPS box. Please post "I'll take it" and PM me. MO prefered.

I have no idea as to the provenance of this flask other then it has been in the family for quite a while according to my grandfather, who passed away in 1978. It IS marked to Hawksly as the maker. The family came from NY state, and traveled west with the Mormons, and came to California with the Mormon Battalion. They planted the first citrus in the Mission District in Redlands, CA in 1853. There was also an old Wm Moore double bbled ML shotgun but it was in kind of shabby condition.

In any event the flask has no issues other then the steel flat coil valve spring is a bit rusty, no cracks. The bottom left quarter (in the top right photo) has a bit of a compression (shallow dent). Entirely useable as it is. BTW, I do not get on the computer until the evening so if there are any PM's they won't be answered until possibly the next day. Thanks for looking.

.................Buckshot

SOLD PF TO MrWolf
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-15-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

It looks like it has graduated charge slots on it. Does it? If so, what charges does each drop? Curioous, james

James, the volumes are in Drahms and increments are: 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4, and 3.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-15-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

I'll take it. Pm incoming