RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cz 527 fs .223

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    I took the scope off my CZ 527 FS also-- just like the clean lines without it. I modified a Skinner peep sight to mount it with a cut down scope mount-- works great. Attachment 236095
    What Skinner sight did you modify? Looks simpler than the Skinner that requires drill and tap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have a now vintage Burris mini 4-12 AO that was sitting around "unemployed" so I put it on this afternoon. It is compact but still 11.5" long. I like the look less than the Weaver V3. But, if it shoots good at 100 it may still on for awhile, or at least until I buy a Leupold 1.25-4x20mm or maybe a Leupold 6x33mm. Also, a Sig Romeo 5 is on the way and I may put it on to see how it looks.
    Last edited by tejano; 02-17-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Shot View Post
    I'm going with an Aimpoint Micro on my Carbine.

What rifle is that? A CZ 550 Magnum? Very nice.

Boolit Master
    Jeff Warner-- I bought a see-through scope mount and cut it down so it is like the sight protecting ears of an Enfield. Then I bought a Skinner dovetail mount peep and cut off the dovetail part. I then filed down the plate of the peep sight until it would slide between the bottom of the scope mount and the top of the scope mount boss on the CZ. The CZ scope mount boss is slightly curved-- so the clamped peep mount is held in the center by the clamping pressure without moving sideways under recoil. The attached file shows the details. CZ Peep Sight mount from Skinner sight.pdf
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

I slapped a small Leupold optic on mine and I am getting decent accuracy with factory ammo but with some cast and pc'd I have done a lot better job than factory. I can hold about 1 1/2 to 2" @ 100 yd with any wind with factory j words but I can shrink that down to a 3/4" group if I do my part well.

The smaller scope is a fixed 6 x and does not mess up the lines of the rifle too much. It is a fast handling and very accurate shooter with the 2 stage set trigger. You work the action and place a round in the chamber. You then push the trigger forwards about 1/4" and the trigger is now set for about 2lb or less that you can adjust. Ya just breathe on it and it fires...………...
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    What rifle is that? A CZ 550 Magnum? Very nice.
    That's a Sako, but the setup can be put on any rifle, except maybe a Ruger... haven't seen a Ruger mount.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Buddy

Cz 527 fs .223

Well, the Burris Mini 4-12X didn't last 24 hours and never made it to the range. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ 527 FS_Leupy.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	236308 I put a Leupold 4x on it a few minutes ago and like the look much better. We'll see how it does at the range later this week, if the weather cooperates.
    Last edited by tejano; 02-18-2019 at 06:17 PM.

It looks even more Euro with the high mounted scope. The only thing I disliked about my CZ 550 9.3 was the high rings- but that's what you get when the majority wants 40- 56mm objectives on their scopes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12