Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Upgrade time...model 94

Boolit Mold

Upgrade time...model 94

About to upgrade another one of the 94's...got to help out these old eyes. This kit has the front Fire sight included...might give it a try, not sure about that, yet. This set is going on an AE model that has been shot very little since it was new...maybe 50rds through it since new. I was messing around the other night and saw this set on Amazon for $57 delivered...dropped the hammer and it arrived today. Now, I am eager to get that sight on and put some down the tube.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52038621_320504545265928_1491199502571274240_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	235956
    Last edited by Cloverdale; 02-13-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Love my Williams sight - not on a '94, but very good bit of kit.

FWIW, I've been using fiber-optic/Firesights since they were first introduced many years ago (before then, AFAIK only Ithaca used an FO front sight - on their smoothbore Deerslayer models)

The FO sights are available in the same different bead sizes (1/16"/fine & 3/32"/coarse) and heights as the Gold bead & Ivory bead sights from the likes of Williams, Marbles, Lyman, etc.

To obtain a sight with either a different bead size or color (green, red, amber, yellow & more), one must shop the different makers (Williams, Tru-Glo, Hi-Viz, and more - google "fiber optic rifle sights for sale") until what's needed is found. (the different colors are for the folks who may have a different color perception of each color)

Last edited by pietro; 02-13-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    Love my Williams sight - not on a '94, but very good bit of kit.
    I like them to...makes a real difference for me and I am proud that I have finally gotten around to getting them on this rifle, no excuse for it not being shot, now.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

FWIW, I've been using fiber-optic/Firesights since they were first introduced many years ago (before then, AFAIK only Ithaca used an FO front sight - on their smoothbore Deerslayer models)

The FO sights are available in the same different bead sizes (1/16"/fine & 3/32"/coarse) and heights as the Gold bead & Ivory bead sights from the likes of Williams, Marbles, Lyman, etc.

To obtain a sight with either a different bead size or color (green, red, amber, yellow & more), one must shop the different makers until what's needed is found. (the different colors are for the folks who may have a different color perception of each color)

Thanks for the info...I have one handgun with FO sights on it...haven't shot it much but I can see where they might be helpful on this rifle and I will probably give them a try.

Boolit Mold
    I think you'll like the Williams peep a LOT. My kit also came with the fiber optic front sight. I liked it, and found it very fast shooting steel using a dead-on hold, but it's a pretty large bead and in bright light bleeds out and appears larger to my eyes (this was without the sight hood in place). I put the original bead back on the front, left the sight hood off, and haven't looked back. For me, the front sight hood seemed to interfere with the peep sight picture, so that's why I've removed it and left it off. I like everything about the sight except how squared and "blocky" it looks on the side of the sleek 94 receiver.

Boolit Master
    I use fiber optic front sights on my
    walk around rifles.

They help to discern point of impact when
    the critter is hiding in vegetation like
    groundhogs do.

I have to admit to being a fair weather
    hunter, but I also "stalk" those critters.

Fiber optic for speed and flat top post for precision.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Williams FP is a fine sight for sure, I bet I have fired more centerfire rifle rounds using these than all others combined. Does your 94 use a front sight ramp or is it dovetailed into the barrel?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    I like them to...makes a real difference for me and I am proud that I have finally gotten around to getting them on this rifle, no excuse for it not being shot, now.
    Got one the same on a browning '71 - you wont be sorry!