Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tallow

Banned

dgw used to sell good lamb tallow at a price point less than grassland, but stopped offering it in 2017. said they'd be offering again in a year or two ... well, it's back ...

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/...00+LAMB+TALLOW

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I have had some of the grass land beefs mutton tallow in this office since 2010 and it is not rancid.
    diddlyy ... my story is the same as yours. About the same time when good tallow was scarce, I bought six 2# tubs. Store them in the refrigerator - none went rancid. Am down to 4 tubs now

Lead Pot - 2018 was a bad year for me - really bad back (couldn't hold a rifle) and never made it to Ridgway. This year, I should make it up there at least 3 times - always watch the weather when to go - but for John Kort's Memorial shoot, I'm there regardless of the weather except in 2018. In 2017 won the Club raffle for a 300 WinMag that I have set up for the 1000 silhouettes and really anxious to shoot it
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    "White Cap" brand lard is available at just about ANY grocery store. In the baking aisle, next to the many brands of shortening.

Boolit Master
    Lead Pot...Where are you obtaining Ozokerite wax? I've been trying to find this stuff ever since I read about the old timers using it. I too have redered tallow..from lamb kidneys..nice and firm and keeps well if sealed from air.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Lead Pot - my back strap mutton tallow from Grass Land Beef is as white as new fallen snow and is hard- not the yellow color of beef lard
    It been several decades since my last Animal Science class, but if my memory hasn't totally failed, the color other fat depends on the breed of the animal and the makeup of the feed ration they had consumed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12