MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check your bank accounts

Boolit Master

Check your bank accounts

I pulled up my bank account and found a $140 charge for GrubHub out of NY the bank charged it back but I will be without the funds for 10 days. Had to cancel a order from Graf as this was my shooting act. NY is a long way from Texas and i needed the primers O well stuff happens.
    Frank G.

I had that same charge last year, yep canceled that card. I only use one for online purchases so that helps..

Boolit Master

thats why i have a credit card. they may get the card #, but they arent getting into my bank account.

I use a debit card so I can pay cash but the only thing that account is for is online purchases. Money is moved there to make a purchase, the rest of the time the balance is around $30 or less.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Credit cards are the safest thing to use. I have had fraudulent charges a few times. Once the bank is notified, the charges disappear instantly.

Boolit Master

Don't use your debit card online unless it is a wipe account.

Use a credit card.

Learned that 20 years ago.

Moderator Emeritus

A month ago, There were two fraudulent charges on my Amazon Visa, each one were around $1500 at a dispensary in CO ...yeah, Mary Jane dispensary.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Debit cards that have Visa logo on them have the same protections as a credit card with out fees and better interest if thru a credit union.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

Just been through the wringer again ; at a terrible time to be without funds until it’s all put back 10 or so business days they are saying,

Boolit Master

My bank offers a temporary CC# for every transaction I want to make. It's connected to real numbers of my account. I thought it'd be a headache but it's not. After you purchase something and the transaction goes through, that temporary number you used goes away!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    Thank's Frank, the sushi was good!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    thats why i have a credit card. they may get the card #, but they arent getting into my bank account.
    This many people don’t know.
    If your debit card or credit card is used as credit instead of debit the fraudulent charges are federal charges as it’s the banks money. If you use as debit you may be out of luck because it’s your money, not to mention credit score if you are a victim of identity theft.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master
    Wells Fargo is really up on the card more then oncei have got a call from them asking if I have made a charge some place. I say no they say your new card well be there in 3 days.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Unfortunately i have had to cancel 2 different credit cards in last year because of fraudulent changes. It seems that they go after people with no money to.

Boolit Master
    I got a text asking if I made some charges on my card. It seems I rented 5 bicycles in San Francisco, paid an immigration service in Canada and paid $26 to watch a video of a kink I'd never heard of until that point. My bank credited it all back inside of 5 days.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master
    A good financial institution will take care of you. My credit union keeps a close eye on the transactions in my account, and they have on multiple occasions locked down my account when somebody had lifted the number and gone on a spree. Needless to say I love my credit union.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I once had an ATT phone card and someone got a hold of my number. In two days that card was used all over the country and in Africa. Lucky, I never had to pay a cent of it.

I don’t like doing it, but I use PayPal when ever possible. Just seems to be the safest and easiest way to do things these days. They helped me out a couple of times with misrepresented items and breakage in shipping.

Boolit Grand Master

I had to cancel mine last year after I bought someone I never met a $6000 used car in California. My Wife is a retired bank manager and watches ours pretty close.

I use a card with a low limit for online purchases. The card company keeps offering to raise the limit and I keep denying.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I get a Chase Liquid Card, which you go into the Bank to "load" with what you just need for a purchase.
    But every time I use it. Someone somehow gets the # and starts charging all over the place. 2-300 dollars in other Counties & States. Went thru 3 differant cards last year.
    I live on a fixed income. I have to save my money for several weeks before I go to the bank to "load" that card. Once I made a deposit, went straight home to order from Midway. The card "bounced" when I made the order 30min later.
    I no longer trust it at all. But I'm on a fixed income and won't trust myself with a credit card.
    Going to close the acct. I'm paying $5 a month for a card I can't use.
    Besides I need money to pay Ca,La Cnty Property Taxes. Which are freaking outrageous. So I'll probably start selling stuff.
    My Wife checks our Bank Acct & CC balances every morning.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast