Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to gain post numbers.

Boolit Bub

Trying to gain post numbers.

Sorry about a pointless thread but here is one. My name is Adam Mezera. I have snooped around here for a few years now. I joined almost a year ago. Im one of those people that snoop around a Lot. I have picked up a lot of great info from this site. I've dealt with quite a few members through the swapping and selling section. I don't contribute much to threads as I feel most have way more knowledge and better info than I do. I have a fair number of guns now. From most style handguns, shotguns, ARs, long range precision, sharpest to muzzleloaders and a 50bmg. I try to be a 100% honest guy and treat everybody with the same respect I'd give my mother. Im just writing this thread to try and get my post count up to be able to post in the selling section. All my posts there still have to be approved. I've lost on a couple good deals because of that. Figured I'd try and change that today if I could. So beyond saying hello to everyone this thread is hopefully going to be me doing pointless posts to get my count up. Sorry if you read all this and waisted your time.

Adam

Boolit Buddy
    If you are in this hobby, you surely have experiences or questions we could all learn from. Don't be afraid to jump in.

Isaac

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Adam the key is your 1st post. The rules say meaningful posts not post 1, 2 etc. Good luck with getting them up.

Boolit Master
    So Adam, answer a few questions. Like maybe, where are you from?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Super Moderator Emeritus
    What do you reload for?

Boolit Bub
    I appreciate the info guys. I do have questions off and on. My issue is I live and work in the oilfield. I have an apartment in Williston ND. I usually work 110-120 hours a week. I work 20 days straight then 10 off. It's good and bad. For 20 days it's pretty much work and sleep. I hunt the forums when I have free time on location. If I have phone service. I keep a couple guns and reloaders out here with me. For the times I can't sleep or a rare occurrence I get some extra time off of work. Most all of my guns and shooting and reloading stuff is at my Dads shop back in MN 550 miles away. Between the tasks I don't get accomplished in my 20 days visiting friends and family and a bit of rest. I might get 2-4 days a month I can really do any shooting. I sneak extra in when I can but it's hard. I keep note books with notes I take from forum info. It's just hard for me to keep all things straight. I guess now I have more free money than free time. I'm acquiring what I can afford now to have when I decide to leave the oilfield and return to normal life. I miss shooting evenings and weekends like I used to do. Right now i kind of pick a gun a month to try and work with. I love to have a solid pet load for every gun I have. An old standby load with a couple hundred loaded rounds sitting there for the random plinking days or hunting trips. At the rate I'm going with posts it will be a couple years before I get enough to post freely.
    Adam

Boolit Bub
    I'm originally from central MN. My father and I have 180 acres. SW of the Brainerd Lakes area. I moved to Williston ND in 2011. I had a flooring business in MN. I was easily getting by but not getting ahead. I decided to let the business go and come out to the oilfield. I had a family friend move out here in the early 90s. I used to spend 3-4 weeks a year in western ND hunting and fishing. I loved the area and a job was easy to come by so I sold some things and made the move. It is a good and bad change. A completely different lifestyle out here for me. I enjoy the extra money but miss the free time. Half the extra money probably comes from lack of free time too. Someday I hope to move to the Mtns someplace. Western MT or ID or maybe Alaska. I don't plan on going back to MN. And ND is nothing like it used to be.
    Adam

Boolit Master
    Naw, 30 days 1 good post per day you will be up in no time.

Boolit Bub
    I load for everything except Rim fire. I believe I have 47 or 48 different calibers at the moment. I cast for 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, 357-38spl, 30-30, 300blk, 45 colt, 475 linebaugh, 45-70, 12ga and maybe more. I have way more stuff than I have time. I usually buy the stuff and talk my dad into casting and sizing for me. He usually takes care of the bulk loading. 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, 223, 308, 300blk. The high volume stuff we run through the progressive. I do all my percision loading. My main goals now are my 475 and 45-70 BFRs and my 45-70 sharpes.
    Adam

Boolit Master
    Adam you said a mouth full when you said western ND is not like it use to be. I live about one hundred miles south of you in Beach ND have for 62 years. I go to MT all the time, my brother n law an I go up in the mountains to 4 wheel.

Boolit Bub
    ND is getting crazy. Hard to get permission to hunt anymore. I think that's part of society though. Seems years ago. The older people who owned the land. People in their 60s and older. They were proud of their land. They were happy it had animals or birds on it. They seemed excited they had something useful for somebody's hobby or enjoyment or the better word I can't think of. Deer hunting you might get turned down for but usually only if they hadn't gotten a deer yet or had family coming. Birds and predators you never got turned down for. People were happy you were hunting them and often gave you info on when and where they were seen last. Seems anymore most everything is being posted. It is crazy hard to track down people to ask for permission. The people you do track down seem to act like all the animals on their land are theirs and nobody but them are going to hunt them. I love hunting but man it's sure changing and I don't plan to pay to hunt somebody's land. I keep in touch with a few ranchers. They let us hunt usually always. We bring the sausage and meat from the game we harvest on their land. I help them with things on the farm when I can. A little appreciation goes a long way with some people yet.
    Adam

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the site, Your on you way to building your count. One of the tricks I learned early on was to jump into checking the new posts by clicking the "XXX Unread Posts" in the upper RH corner of any screen just below your screen name. this brings up all the newest and active posts and gives a broader view of what's going on in the site and opportunities to jump in on topics of interest.

Unless you get whacked by the lucky stick, time and money never do seem to align for us regular folks

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Igotfired.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	235855

Not really, I retired!
    Almost two weeks now.

I have a question . The abbreviations Williston ND and MN and Western MT obviously refer to different states, can someone expand them to their full name for me.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master
    Adam,
    Idaho is a great place to live, but it has it's own problems too...
    I travel all across Southern Idaho, and people are helpful and gracious - for the most part!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

North Dakota, Minnesota and Montana.

Boolit Master
    hey there fellow rig pigger I worked the oilfields for a few years I know what you mean about no time on your hands we did 7nights, off one, 7 days, home 5 then back at it, when you have to drive 12 hrs to and from the site its a pretty short five days. Hang in there while you can, pack that cash away, then when you leave the oil patch you wont have to return like so many do only to find they aren't able to do it. Oh yeah, post count, don't sweat it just keep watching, everybody has something to contribute to this great collective.

Boolit Master

Not pointless, sounds like an introduction to me. Welcome. This is a great place to hang around. You will be amazed at the wealth of information that is shared here. From your handle, is suppose you are an off road fan, or at least back road fan of GMC's.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Welcome to CB.GL Forum!

And there...

Just added one more post to my post count even though I don't much bother about it... LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    I appreciate it guys. Awesome hospitality. The pilfield is Definetly a different way of life. As a single guy I dont really have a reason to come or go really. Ive done most of the construction trades and was a mechanic for years. I have no piece of paper saying I know anything though. I will never come close to making the money I make here anywhere else nowadays. I will keep putting money away until something happens that changes me. I find a lady that will put up with my guns and hunting and wants to join in on my adventures or I find a deal on a place in the mtns I cant pass on.

Mudygmc yes that was from a love for playing in the hills and mud. Ive worked my whole life. Started evening weekends and summers around 5yrs old. Lots of little odd jobs for neighbors my dad and friends of ours. I bought my first shotgun at 8. A dirt bike at 9. Bought my first off road jeep at 12. Ive built a few off road jeeps a 1500hp diesel pulling truck snowmobiles atvs and most anything with a motor. Gave most of that up when I moved to ND. Still have a few toys with motors, but mostly changed back to guns. For lack of time and space for the other hobbies. I still have a couple diesel gmcs. One is a toy for tearing up the streets and the other is my days off hunting rig.

Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast