RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger New Vaquero .357 Bisley Wolff Spring Kit Install Video

Ruger New Vaquero .357 Bisley Wolff Spring Kit Install Video

For those interested in lightening the springs on a Bisley Ruger New Vaquero .357 stainless steel 5-1/2" barrel, I posted a longish video of my experience disassembling and installing a 3-spring Wolff kit over at UGEtube.

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/w...dBbtDviEi.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bisley Spring Install V1.Still001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	235786

Covers
    - Disassembly
    - Hammer spring replacement
    - Trigger spring replacement
    - Base Pin Latch spring replacement
    - Reassembly

I was having a problem with one of the New Vaqueros where after a shot or two I could not pull the hammer back. Traced it to the cylinder base pin moving forward 1/8" or so under recoil, taking spring pressure off the transfer bar. If the transfer bar is not being pushed back by the base pin, the transfer bar pushes up against the firing pin, locking the gun.

The solution is to install a stronger spring on the base pin latch.
    Last edited by Liberty1776; 02-17-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

I often recommend the Wolff 30oz. trigger return spring, but do not recommend the reduced power hammer spring. Believe it or not the harder you hit a primer with the firing pin the better that primer ignites.

The ENTIRE purpose of reducing spring tension is to have a better trigger, easier letoff, less disturbance of the front sight with reduced spring tension against the trigger. With the reduced power trigger return spring, and reducing the height of the hammer pad ala Bob Bradshaw, you can achieve an excellent trigger with no creep and still keep the factory hammer spring.

Some opt for an extra power hammer spring as it speeds lock time although can introduce it's own ergonomics to the hammer fall simply because it changes ever so slightly how the gun moves in the shooter's hands. And it can also greatly reduce your Standard Deviation so it will help groups anytime you lessen or remove a variable.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.