Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: 327 Sledgehammer Questions ?

Boolit Mold

327 Sledgehammer Questions ?

Hi. 1st time poster, so here goes. Have gotten a lot of info from all you guys . My motto has always been listen and learn. And have learned quite a lot on this site. Yes i am a lurker. Just purchased a new mold in .314-135/140 gr. gc. with all the pins from the gentleman from slovenia. Have been working up loads in my GP100 but staying mostly in the lower end with 85 and 98 gr. I love this gun and cal. So my question is does any body have any info on the casting and loadings of this particular round? Thanks in advance .

Boolit Mold
    I have produced several loads, but not shot them.

There seems to be little data for bullets over 115gr.

I've started with 231 and 4227. I dropped a full grain from the 231 min for the 115gr trying to account for the additional weight to the 135gr. I'm estimating under 1100fps. My loads work up from there if no signs of pressure.

I have the HS-6 and the 2400 ready for the next lot.

Please post if you find published data.

Lost

Boolit Mold
    i was told that you could pay for a subscription and get data at loaddata.com

anybody?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by lostindesert View Post
    i was told that you could pay for a subscription and get data at loaddata.com

anybody?
    Looked on there but info is limited for mag.327

Boolit Master
    Brian Pearce had some reloading data not to long ago for the Ruger Single Seven. Don't recall how heavy his bullets were but I think that article will help you. Someone on here will have it for you.
    I load that bullet in my 8 shot 327 magnum with standard SP primers & a fair amount of H110 but you really don' want to use someone else's loads without working up. I killed a Utah Antelope with that load & bullet last fall with complete penetration at 73 yds. It has a long shank & works well if placement is correct. Your GP100 should handle any load my Blackhawk will handle.

Dick

Boolit Grand Master

Using my 148 grain bullets, which are 143 grains as a hollow point, Bluedot is a phenomenal powder. I cast mine with 20-1 alloy, and Bluedot was significantly more accurate than H110, although I think the latter may be the go to choice if shooting these cast of a harder alloy. Use with your own caution, but my load is a CCI 500 primer and 7.4 grains Bluedot for 1220 fps from my 5" barrel GP100. No excessive pressure signs in any of my guns, the primers are not even as flat as factory Federal, which use rifle primers. I shot a full grown whitetail buck with it back in November, it dropped where it stood. You will find the heavier bullets shoot very well with any load. I'm even coming to the conclusion that 115 grains is a little light for this cartridge.

Boolit Buddy
    I have that issue I'll post a picture of the data. I think it went to 135gr.

Boolit Master
    My 135 gr GC HP's are actually quite soft & if I remember correctly my velocity was just a tick under 1500 fps MV. Accuracy has always been great using H110 with this bullet & Antelope seem to hate it. On mine it broke a rib going in & a rib on the exit, all she did was get turned around before she went down. I'll use it again.

Dick

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by dpmsman View Post
    i have that issue i'll post a picture of the data. I think it went to 135gr.
    looking forward to the info. Thanks much.

Boolit Mold
    What a great forum this is. Ask a question, and you get all kinds of information and help. I would have posted earlier but for the fact that it takes my ignorant self a lifetime to type anything out. I am electronically challenged. And i knew there are a ton 32 people out there. Thanks again to all.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	235920

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for the Upside down picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	118.6 KB