Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ruger 77/50

Boolit Mold

Ruger 77/50

I recently purchased a Ruger 77/50 muzzleloading rifle that has been converted to 209 ignition. I would like to change it back to # 11 caps. Does anyone know where the original # cap style breech plug can be found?

Thanks,

Larry

Boolit Buddy
    Numrich shows them in stock but I wouldn't fool around.Thats the first I've seen them in stock in a long time.But I'am not sure if its regular cap or musket cap

Boolit Mold
    WW501,

Thanks for the info. I already bought one from Numrich and even after confirming with them that it was #11 it grew to musket cap size while in transit. Still looking.

Thanks,

Larry

Boolit Buddy
    Why don't you want to use musket caps?Before I had my converted to the hunter 209 that's what I used for years.I don't know if they changed the #11 breech plugs or not but the early ones had trouble with first strike misfires you either modified the nipple or used a piece of wood and very firmly seated the plug and I mean as hard as you could push or they wouldn't fire the first time.My son has claimed mine.I have inlines from about all the major makers.For balance and handling I don't know if there any better and the one my son claimed shoots just fine.

Boolit Mold
    I'm not going to get rid of the musket cap breech plug. Based on your recommendation I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Larry