ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M1 Garand and cast observations over 6 months

Boolit Master
    varmiter66 try the 314299 it may solve the problem.
    jim

Boolit Master
    Left & middle were from a CMP RM1SPCLRACK with new CBI barrel while rightmost was FG with an old SA barrel (TE-2/ME-0+).
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter66 View Post
    Sig556, those groups are awesome.... I sincerely doubt I will be able to match those with my shot out barrel. Maybe I should try a lighter boolit. I was thinking of buying a mold with larger bands farther up to the mid section of the boolit. the 311299 boolit design does not give much support for the middle section of the boolit while in the barrel.

IMR 3031 powder is quite a versatile powder!... especially with Cast Boolits.

Thank you for sharing those pics!!! Very nice!!
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Man
    Hello Jim... I actually slugged the barrel (.30945), and checked the diameter of my cast boolits with a Mic (.313 Linotype), and believe the 311299 mold I have is a fairly good match... from my observations of load testing, and closely watching the lead fouling each time I shoot, I believe I need a little more lube, and/or more band support to ensure better alignment and rifling grip in the bore. I do know the rifling is not as deep and crisp as a newer barrel would have, but it is still there... If money were no issue, I would have that new barrel on the Garand, and have her tuned tighter than a fiddle!!! LOL!!! but it's that damned money thing....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234