PBcastcoRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handloader Mag First Issue Of The Year

Boolit Grand Master

Handloader Mag First Issue Of The Year

My wife got me a subscription for Christmas and I expected the first issue by now. Does anyone else have a subscription and did they get one yet or when do they usually come in. Few weeks early, month early, on time?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Master

I think I got my February issue very early this month. Call their customer service number. They are very helpful. I renewed in early December because the February issue was to be my last. I guess that means that I really don't know how long it takes for a subscription to take effect
    John
    W.TN

Howdy, my wife got me a subscription for my birthday in October and it took until sometime in November for me to get the first issue. I received the February issue already. If you don't know they only come out every other month.

Moderator Emeritus

As already posted, ring their customer service. I have had nothing but the most pleasant dealings with them through the years! I'd be most surprised if you do not get some answers! Their '800' number is 1-800-899-7810, and/or you may email them at lacey@wolfepub.com
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Media rate is slow. Two months to get first issue is not unusual.

Boolit Master
    Had a sub for handloader. And rifle for nearly 20 years nice people to deal with .

Boolit Grand Master

Thank for the number, georgerkahn. My sweetie gave them a call and they said that the early part of December was not early enough for the first printing, slow time at the publisher, media yada yada yada. First issue will be in April

Anyone got the first of the year they are not saving by chance????

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Grand Master

I haven’t seen it on the shelves yet. The few places by me that sell it still have the December issue on the rack.

6-8 weeks is pretty common for magazine subscriptions

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

In Remembrance

Being old and not really in much of a hurry anymore I like the uncertainty of when my handloader mag shows up! I dropped Rifle mag as they were in love with the AR 15/M 16 rifle platform and devoting a lot of their used to be fine mag to it.Robert

I have a digital subscription as I’m in the U.K. but when I was on holiday in mid Jan in Orlando the Feb issue was on the newsstand... I didn’t get email notification until I was back home about it being available...
    May we achieve our aims....

Banned
    And now they have a NEW one. Black Powder Cartridge News. My good buddy supplied the Pic of Harry pope that graces the cover.

Boolit Master

I have the digital subscription to handloader, rifle and successful hunter.

In the new issue, there is a handloading basics article. When it gets to the powder charging section it says that "powder charges must always be weighed". Guess they aint ever heard of a dipper or a measure.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    In the new issue, there is a handloading basics article. When it gets to the powder charging section it says that "powder charges must always be weighed". Guess they aint ever heard of a dipper or a measure.
    Charges w/ a dipper or measure need to be weighed to confirm. Once confirmed you don’t need to weigh every charge. But you should do spot checks.

Yeah I agree totally. I went back and checked the article again and it does talk about using a measure. Guess for whatever reason I didn't retain that part. Maybe what the wife says about my memory is right after all.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I have the digital subscription to handloader, rifle and successful hunter.
    Just can't get into digital subscriptions. I am old school and like a magazine in my hands to read and leaf back and forth. A member here was good enough to send me a link to a digital copy of the first of the year issue which was very kind of him and confirmed to me that I am really going to enjoy this magazine. I can't wait to get my hands on my Christmas present.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Fortunately for me our Wal-Mart and drug store carry handloaders and rifle plus a few more. I look to see if they have info I want to read before buying. They also carry Hodgdons annual manuals which I do buy every year.

Boolit Grand Master
    Only one place here carries magazines on firearms.
    It's the only book store on island.
    Except for used book stores
    I try ti go once a month.
    I really should get a subscription to Handloader.
    I thought the first issue of the year is Jan/Feb????

Boolit Mold
    Subscribed to Handloader and Rifle for YEARS. Sent in my yearly subscription fee and they stopped
    sending Rifle magazine but still got Handloader. Called their “helpful” customer service at least twice during business hours
    and could only leave a message which I did with all my info and phone number-no response. Tried
    emailing them at least twice detailing my problem-again no response. Finally sent a letter to the
    head of the subscription department-still no response. Guess who WONT be subscribing to a magazine that wont respond to a customer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast