Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger "Competition" 10/22

Boolit Master

Ruger "Competition" 10/22

Seems to be a new version of the venerable 10/22.
    Bull bbl, "special" chamber (??) lol
    BX-1 trigger assy
    Last shot hold open
    Extended mag rel
    Rear anchor.
    Scope mount integral
    Kinda funky stock
    I think list is $700 ish

Better shoot sub 1/2" at 50 with at least Green Tag, must be sub 1/2" with Center X or it won't sell.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-22.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	235639
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Chances are that it has some version of the "Bentz" chamber. Do not shoot any of the hypervelocity Stinger-type .22 ammo in it. Those have a longer case, which gets pinched at the mouth by competition chambers like the Bentz.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I wonder about a Benz or kinda-Benz chamber in an auto.
    Although Green Mountain seems to have figured it out. Supposed to be a modified Benz. Works great in my 10-22 build.

At this price point, Ruger won't be able to get away with the iffy bbl used in the precision rimfire - that one is priced to be able to buy a better bbl.
    If the trigger group is just a BX-1, you have to add $100 for a Brimstone trigger job.
    I believe the stock is pebble painted wood. Eh
    Also, I think the bulk of accuracy-nut 10-22 shooters are gonna want to build their own with parts from a multitude of diff manu that they feel are perfect for them. And have the fun of the build.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rugers - have a bunch. They have been innovative from the beginning.
    The 10-22 build craze has been going on for decades, Ruger may be too little, too late.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

The Bentz was specifically developed for semi-autos. It is rather large, to assure that a wide variety of ammo will go in easily, but it is short, to engrave the bullet and center it up. I don't know of any bolt and lever actions, or even non-competition semi-autos, that use the Bentz. They have to assume that the user will want to shoot Stingers.

Food for thought:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamber dimensions chart.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	235965
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    uscra112, thanks for the info - didn't know that. Interesting chart too !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    $700ish??? Wowww, 25 years ago built mine with a Green Mountain bull barrel, Bishop red, white and blue laminate stock. Total cost $135!!! Put a cheap scope on it, has done well, so why change?? And,,,,,,,,, it willl shoot!!! Just my .02
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    I hear you Bud.
    $89.95 for the 10-22 (dang, that dates me!), Green Mtn bbl, one of those finish it yourself Fajen thumbhole stocks from Midway, "splurged" on a $100 32x BSA scope. Shot the snot out of it, still do.
    Of course, through the years (decades) have invested in just about all the guts imaginable to squeeze a little more accuracy out of it.
    Quite a few bucks, untold hours of smithing, tweaking, bedding, pilloring (that a word ?).
    Accurate, fun to shoot, unique, still one of my favorite guns.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom