RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: 375 win in Ruger number3

Boolit Mold

375 win in Ruger number3

Anyone have a favourite load in 375 win? The rifle is a Ruger#3 so boolit can be just short of the lands. I would like to try Re-7 with lyman 375449, thanks

Boolit Master

Never shot cast from mine...

But RL7 is THE POWDER for jacketed! You cannot get enough in to over pressure a 220 Hornady, (my guns at least Ruger, Marlin and Contender) But its a full house loading.

Its worked on a number of Deer a couple hogs and a friend took a large Bear with one of my Marlin 375 couple Years back!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

30 grains of 3031 is mild in pressure and heavy on power

Mike

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...et-in-a-Marlin
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Gee, I wish I owned a Ruger #3 in .375 Win!

You're a lucky guy!
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks, just three 34 gr of reloader#7 with both a 255 gr volmer jacketed and the 272 gr Lyman gas check #375449. I was surprised that the lead slug reached 2100 fps while the jacketed slug was about 1980 fps. Shooting lead is looking better all the time.

Banned
    Nothing wrong with RL7 for that bullet, along with a dozen others depending on just what you are doing. I have a 38-55 and 3 other 375 I shoot that particular bullet in along with several different powders up around 2500 fs and of course several other lighter and heavier bullets. I also have a 285 gr GC Accurate Molds I designed plus looking at the famous 740 Saeco.

If you happened to want to go wildcattin'...rechamber that #1 to 38-55 2.125" case and throat to seat out bullets to ≈2.7-2.85" and REALLY hoist the old girls hem. With twice the pressure limits as my Sharps you can push beyond 2800 fs with the right bullet/powder combo and STILL shoot factory 375 Win anytime.

Check out Hodgdons online reloading data...Hornady has some good information also.

I think I could see my way to offering you a dollar two ninety eight for it if you ever want to toss it. Hahahahaha

Happy, Happy.

Boolit Grand Master

Good afternoon
    We have one. Used the Lyman 375248 PB mold mostly. Used 3F BP, 2400, 1680 and 4198 which all gave descent accuracy at 38-55 velocities. Unfortunately I am 5500 miles from my load book to give you the powder weights.
    Tried other powders but they we not as accurate. Unique did turn in some great sub sonic loads.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    I have been loading in 38-55 WW cases/WLR primer and 28 gr Re7 under the 375449GC or the 375248/0.060LDPE wad
    for several guns, starting with my Marlin 1893( now gone) but since, including my Ruger No 3- 375W, my Marlin 336CB,
    T/C Contender carbine with factory 21" 375W barrel and a Bullberry 16 1/2 inch ported 375W barrel.
    Started this strong 38-55 load out of deference to the 1893, then found it shot just fine and strong in all the others.
    VERY accurate, esp in the Marlin 336CB, where it will shoot cloverleafs.
    beltfed/arnie