Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Rem M17 question

Boolit Master

Rem M17 question

Just picked up a nice M17 Remington from 1925. 28inch full choked solid rib gun. Beautiful checkered wood, and it shoot right where I look. Too bad it is presently a single shot! I need a pivot screw for the cartridge stop. Anybody know of a source, Numritch is out. Also is the m37 Ithaca pivot screw of the correct thread and dia? The M17 is a #3 but I can’t tell if it’s 48 or 56 tpi.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Try Lee's Parts Tue thru Fri 9to 5 CST. Redial is your friend( no voice mail, no web site). His # is 972 790 0773. Bob's Gun Shop and Jack First come to mind also. We have one that belonged to My father in law. One of Brownings best designs;it became the Ithaca 37 as you know.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Texas, I will give them a call. I seem to be accumulating these things. Can’t see one without buying it, they are so nice handling! This one is a nice companion to my 16ga M37, seems I’m in a rut. Trying to set one up for my son’s 25th B day, he is drawn to them as well. Most I find have a cutoff butstock, and he is 6’1. Maybe they will have some wood as well.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

I had to dig it out. The buttstock was broken in the car accident that claimed my father in law's life; my future wife( then a teenager) took it to Ewell Cross and they used a full length replacement. With the pad it's almost too long( I'm 6'2") but we all shoot it well. Like lots of 1950's guys, he had a poly choke installed on it. It is the slickest pump gun( other than Ithaca) that I've ever used. I hope you get yours lined out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk