Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: A Herter's Day

Boolit Master

A Herter's Day

Yesterday I cast and reloaded for my Herter's / Sauer .357 using only my old Herter's gear: Casting block, reloading dies, press, and cases. This is all gear I bought when I was in High School back in the 60's and it all still works well.
    atr
    Attachment 235561Attachment 235562

I remember that the revolver cost $41.00 but can't recall what the dies, press and casting block cost.
    Maybe one of them members here has an old catalogue and can fill in those prices.
    Last edited by atr; 02-08-2019 at 01:57 PM. Reason: more text
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    Old stuff is cool. I have a Herter's case trimmer, looks just like the Forster. In fact, I use Forsters collets in it, and they work fine.

Boolit Master

Ol George L was way ahead of his time with a lot of the things he offered. Press's, dies and other reloading items ere very well made and the fact that a lot of it is still in use today speaks for its longevity. Many members here started with it and as for myself, I still prefer it.
    The only one I could think of that in our currant time that could even come close is Richard Lee.

For those wanting to learn more of the Herter equipment I would like to put in a shameless plug for the book Herters Reloading Equipment, Press's and Dies by Ed Sager, A small but very through book dealing with the Herter equipment. Ed says he has another book coming out very soon dealing with the powder measures and other reloading items.
    Ed can be reached at
    HERTERSPECIALST@aol.com
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy
    My wife bought me a Herters C reloading press, along with a set of .357 dies in the early 60's for a grand total of $13.95 and that included the shipping on that 30 lb. press. Loaded on that press for many years. I broke several loading tables trying to do things, forming bullets ect. that the press really wasn't designed for, but I never damaged it. Finely gave it to a guy that wanted to start reloading. The toolman.