Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAlifornia Looks to Enlist Hunters in Wildlife Conservation Push

Banned

CAlifornia Looks to Enlist Hunters in Wildlife Conservation Push

Boolit Master

I am glad to see this.
    Oregon is encouraging youth to hunt by offering reduced prices for licenses and tags.
    They also offer special youth hunts.
    An adult sports pack is right at $190.
    A youth sports pack is $55....dale

So.....what's their plan? Teach kids to throw rocks at animals? Explain to the young buck that his staying alive is a micro-aggression against the unskilled hunter, and that he can only make it right by falling over dead?

Don't get me wrong, the idea of recruiting hunters is a GREAT idea which I obviously support....but geez, a state that wants to ban everything that might even slightly resemble a firearm, and now that want to recruit more hunters????? Talk about crappy messaging.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

The plan is likely to sniff out the gun owners. They will be the first ones visited in a state-wide confiscation ring.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

CBs are not allowed in public lands over there, only lead-free ammo, so not even Js

Boolit Master
    Never trust the state of California , I'm sure there is a hidden agenda !

Boolit Grand Master

They outlawed everything you need to hunt, and now they wonder why hunters are declining? That's like in my area, we ruined a number of local lakes, introduced some ** invasive species laws, and now wonder why fisherman are driving through town on the way to other parts of the state. In our case it is a large number of rich, grumpy lake shore owners complaining about people fishing "their" lake. I imagine California is not so different.

Boolit Master

The "hidden agenda" is that hunting is way down and the state has cut the budget for everyone, and the Outdoor Agencies want the money, so they are trying to get the hunters back as they are a good cash crop. Most of the younger crowd here now are not into the shooting sports, but they also don't donate money to preserve the environment. If they can't do it on an I-Phone they aren't interested. It is much the same throughout the country, just look at the average age of the bullet casters here.

Boolit Master

AND so it will continue to go and the predators will get out of control
    and the eco-system will crash and they will have to raise taxes to hire
    control agents that are not respected
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Having lived in Oregon, Washington, Texas, and now California....I find a lot of the typical California comments amusing. There’s more to California than LA and SF.

Springfield is correct.
    Everything needed to hunt is not banned in this state.
    California doesn’t have any hidden agenda, in fact the “agenda” you’re likely talking about is a very open one. Politicians here don’t seem to sugarcoat their agendas.
    This state doesn’t want to ban anything that slightly resembles a firearm.

Sooo many assumptions from people who live thousands of miles away.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tinhorn97062 View Post
    Having lived in Oregon, Washington, Texas, and now California....I find a lot of the typical California comments amusing. There’s more to California than LA and SF.

Springfield is correct.
    California doesn’t have any hidden agenda, in fact the “agenda” you’re likely talking about is a very open one. Politicians here don’t seem to sugarcoat their agendas.

Really? I find that underlined sentence above relatively hard to take, based on what I read from others who actually live in CA. ( or even if applied to Ore., Wash., since you mentioned them in particular & after knowing folks in those additional states who are fighting all sorts of restrictions, basically creating "bans" there as well, even if regard to ammunition restrictions.)

Within the confines of the topics subject, would you care to elaborate?

I am not looking for an argument, only some clarification on what you appear to be saying here.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh, Tinhorn......so right you are. I am just a short drive north of you in Redlands. My family has been in this area (San Bernardino Valley) since 1865. MSM's impressions of Californians--transmitted to the rest of the nation and world 24/7/365--is no more accurate than the rest of its drivel and propaganda.

I welcome these gestures toward recruitment of young hunters as a tacit admission of failure. The Progressive Tree-Hugger portion of the state's River City apparatchikis' dream of preserving wildlife through tofu and rice-cake social events and feel-good consciousness-raising is a non-starter. That ain't how the real world works--there's too much month left at the end of the money. Wildlife managers have known since forever that the most reliable funding source for their ongoing efforts has been sales of fishing and hunting licenses. Regulations like non-toxic shot and bullets restrictions don't stop hunting one iota--those regs just encourage people to hunt elsewhere, which retards license sales, which depletes wildlife management funding.

ANYTHING that re-establishes reality within California government is a welcome departure from its usual dystopian unicorns & rainbows delusion sequence.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Oh, Tinhorn......so right you are. I am just a short drive north of you in Redlands. My family has been in this area (San Bernardino Valley) since 1865. MSM's impressions of Californians--transmitted to the rest of the nation and world 24/7/365--is no more accurate than the rest of its drivel and propaganda.

I welcome these gestures toward recruitment of young hunters as a tacit admission of failure. The Progressive Tree-Hugger portion of the state's River City apparatchikis' dream of preserving wildlife through tofu and rice-cake social events and feel-good consciousness-raising is a non-starter. That ain't how the real world works--there's too much month left at the end of the money. Wildlife managers have known since forever that the most reliable funding source for their ongoing efforts has been sales of fishing and hunting licenses. Regulations like non-toxic shot and bullets restrictions don't stop hunting one iota--those regs just encourage people to hunt elsewhere, which retards license sales, which depletes wildlife management funding.

ANYTHING that re-establishes reality within California government is a welcome departure from its usual dystopian unicorns & rainbows delusion sequence.
    I will ask the same of you, AL.

Will you elaborate more than you jut did about there is no attempts to restrict to the point of basically a "ban" on "anything that slightly resembles a firearm.", in CA., or any other of the states mentioned, West Coast ones in particular, as Tinhorn put it?

Once again, no argument, just info.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I will ask the same of you, AL.

Will you elaborate more than you jut did about there is no attempts to restrict to the point of basically a "ban" on "anything that slightly resembles a firearm.", in CA., or any other of the states mentioned, West Coast ones in particular, as Tinhorn put it?

Once again, no argument, just info.
    Guns are bought and sold here every day. There are certainly restrictions, which i find repulsive, but the blanket statement made above about "banning anything resembling a weapon" is just a far cry from accurate. I can even get a CCL in my county if i wanted to, and my county actually ENCOURAGES citizens to apply.

Im sure you've read and heard a lot, but much of it needs to be taken with some salt. Texas, for example, is romanticized as being "free" and "wild". I found a state with fences around everything, making it nearly impossible to enjoy the outdoor recreation that California offers me.

I'm able to go to a shooting range whenever I want to. I'm able to go out to the woods/desert and shoot outdoors if I want to. The weapons here that are banned/restricted don't matter to me, because I don't own any and I have no use for them.

I dont know if any of that helped clarify or not.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Tinhorn,

Yes, you helped with some clarification. Thanks!

That said, I might mention that I am one who is against "any restriction" ( "infringement") on our 2A rights, & from what I understand, CA Sen. Fienstein, Rep.s Pelosi, & Schiff, et al., as Fed. Legislators, among others who are CA state legislators, are pressing once again, more legislation to restrict or ban firearms, not only Nationally, but in CA. as well.

This is why I was confused about CA. & the impression that most firearms owners from Ca & the other states mentioned, have the same stance as I do.

I would like to add that your not being concerned with firearms restrictions ( or bans) that are proposed, or are banned, since you do not own or shoot any of them, does concern me a bit.

I would like to remind that not being concerned about something that is being threatened with regulations or bans because it doesn't affect "you", but does affect others similar to you, often leads to more restrictions & bans on the items that you do own & like. Particularly with firearms & the 2nd amendment.

Please, look at my signature file below for the W. Churchill quote" & please consider what may happen if we do not ALL try to keep our rights together, even if the infringements or the possibility of them may not have an affect right now, on some folks, it certainly may have an effect on them in the future.

So, I urge you to re-consider that stance you just mentioned about things that do not currently affect you.

----------------------

Further on the topic of CA legislation & policies regarding hunting. It makes little sense to me , why legislators are urging folks to hunt, while at the same time restricting the ability for those who wish to hunt to do so. Restricting firearms & ammunition sales thru the internet, in local stores, etc., but then trying to get folks to use such restricted items to hunt is kind of loopy thinking to me.

It is like trying to get folks to stop using straws, but promoting drinking beverages that would likely require a straw. Or, perhaps, wanting folks to reduce weight & supposedly eat healthier by eating more vegetables, by restricting farming to vegetables & fruits, then promoting beef, pork & poultry farming in the state.
    ( those might seem a bit off for analogies/examples, but so is the idea of restricting things then promoting using them.)

I guess it just seems a bit lamebrained & hypocritical to me.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorn97062 View Post

Springfield is correct.

The problem with California is that your state wants to tell the rest of the world how to live. Lead of any kind is banned from public hunting grounds there, correct me if I'm wrong. Background checks on buying ammo this year. I guess it is possible to buy ammo, and you could always hunt with a spear. At some point it becomes such a pain in the rear that people just say screw it.

State doesn't want to ban anything that resembles a firearm? Who keeps electing Nancy Peloci?

My dad lived 2 years in California, I want to say 1978-1980ish. The state was ruined back then. There's a reason we live thousands of miles away. I feel bad for those with obligations stuck there, but you clearly want to live in California. Good luck with that.

When I was in Ca in the 60s, ammo & guns were OK but finding public prop. that wasn't posted due to fire ban was very difficult.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The problem with California is that your state wants to tell the rest of the world how to live. Lead of any kind is banned from public hunting grounds there, correct me if I'm wrong. Background checks on buying ammo this year. I guess it is possible to buy ammo, and you could always hunt with a spear. At some point it becomes such a pain in the rear that people just say screw it.

State doesn't want to ban anything that resembles a firearm? Who keeps electing Nancy Peloci?

My dad lived 2 years in California, I want to say 1978-1980ish. The state was ruined back then. There's a reason we live thousands of miles away. I feel bad for those with obligations stuck there, but you clearly want to live in California. Good luck with that.
    Background checks on buying ammo? Are you kidding me?

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like it starts this year. To top it off, it costs the buyer each time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Background checks on buying ammo? Are you kidding me?
    But nobody wants to take away your guns...
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast