Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Anyone used a " universal tool cutter and grinder " to make Swaging tools ?

Boolit Bub

Anyone used a " universal tool cutter and grinder " to make Swaging tools ?

I was wondering if any of you out there had already tried this tool to make reamers for Swaging dies or any other Swaging tools . I know it's not the full size heavier built models and the smaller units were designed more for shaping engravers but I have wonder if they might suit our purposes for making reamers and shaping internal ,external punches ,plus could be useful in sharpening lathe tools perfectly ,too .
    If anyone is currently using them or has past experience with them , could you please comment on how well they operate ,how well built they are and if they might work for this purpose ?
    My thoughts are that they might make reamers perfectly concentric with the correct radius and repeatable every time . If so it would be worth the cost to me because there are enough other variables to deal with before a die is complete plus it might cut down on the time as well or maybe I'm just thinking out loud again .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0686.jpg  

Boolit Master

I have one just like that one in the pic! I bought it to sharpen cherries for cutting boolit molds.
    I want to make an attachment to be able to feed the cherry along the flat part in a straight line not back and forth like it is designed .
    If you know of another way I would be interested in hearing about it.