Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: Price check on Parker Hale .58 Musketoon?

Boolit Master

Price check on Parker Hale .58 Musketoon?

I have a Parker Hale.58 Musketoon I am selling for a friend. He bought it new and it is in pristine, unfired condition! I mean not once! The blue on the barrel and bands is perfect, the case on the lock is perfect, stock has Parker Hale stamp on it, and also has the nipple protector on a chain connected to the rifle. Bore is perfect, and cone with the issue linen sling. After going over it with a magnifying glass, literally, I can only find a few very, very light ring dings, the type you would make handling it, is the only thing I can see that is not perfect, on the whole rifle! I told him I suspect it would go from $700-$800 dollars bottom, the local gun shop says I am too high, but he is wanting it very badly. So chime in and give me your opinion, again I going to sell for a friend who is older and had just found out he has advanced cancer, I am just helping him clear out a lot of stuff so his family does not have to later. I would buy it, bu I have already paid market price on several other guns he wanted to move, and I did not dicker but gave him full value. All help appreciated!

Boolit Man

Cool P-H Musketoon

I really like the P-H 1861 Musketoon. They are handy and accurate. Since you state that there is the P-H stamp in the stock it is most likely a Birmingham made gun. The serial number should be under 10,000. I have four of that model. So assuming your friends rifle is Birmingham made and in unfired condition I would have to say $700 is about right, however if the rifle has the original box and paperwork the value would be considerably higher. I wish you and your friend the best of luck.

My vote would be 700, not as a dicker down from there but as the fair price.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes 700 is fair but if the gun shop is reselling it they will want to pay 30-40% less at least.

Boolit Master
    The rifle is dead on as described, also has the original sling made from Linen, and it is stamped "Parker Hale, Birmingham England" on the top of the barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    I had an unfired new in box muskatoon with accessories that I traded to a fellow 2 years ago for a like new Pedersoli La Bohimenne double barrel which are about $2400.00 new if you can find one. He wanted my muskatoon badly.

There has been a new in box muskatoon for sale on one of our forums for about 3 months, maybe longer. He started at $1200.00. Last I saw he had it lowered to $900.00. I think it finally sold.
    There is a used one listed right now at $600.00 and no takers. I wanted to replace the muskatoon I traded so I picked up a real nice used one this fall for $450.00. But I think an unfired NIB example here would go pretty quickly at $700.00.

I think it that it could be worth more than $700.

A very nice used one was listed on a gun dealer site for $692.99 which appears to have sold:--->>> https://www.sdsguns.com/products/rif...4-609bd77ed51f

It depends on its appearance and we haven't seen any photos, but unfired it could be worth considerably more.
    I'm thinking that it could fetch between $750 - $1000, maybe more if a lively Gunbroker auction generated a lot of interest.
    Last edited by arcticap; 02-07-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Go to the N-SSA site - I think I saw one listed over there just a couple of days ago - check to see if Lodgewood has any listed or give them a call and see what they would pay for it - it will be low ball because they will resale but do some looking before you give it away