Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do red dots in Red Dot burn?

Boolit Master
    Great,thank y'all.

It is Vectan A0 from a Bornaghi 1oz factory trap round. Looking at various load data,everything makes sense.

Just analyzing here, I sometimes use factory trap rounds to make "Economy Slugs" by substituting the original shot with an appropriate slug. They make for mild loads,wads get toasted but they shoot good enough for short range practise. Fast,easy and cheap to make.

Boolit Master
    Petander,your picture of AO sure looks pink,not the light green color of my Vectan AO . And those big green flakes slide through a powder funnel better than the Alliant disc powders, IMHO . If cabin fever gets any worse and winter lasts into July, I may create a self portrait of different colored powder dots,glued onto an antique powder keg, to make a beautiful lamp................

Boolit Master
    LOL @ GG!

Your A0 is green,hmm...

Attachment 236703

Banned

I was allways told the red dots were filler not powder. Don't know if its true and never tried picking them out and lighting them. Im sure a good amount of them burn in combustion even if they are filler.

Banned

I live just fine without it. powders that will never see the inside of my loading cabinet again are 700 and 800x because there to many powders that actually meter. Blue dot because its unstable when you try pushing it. It goes from mild to wild with just a 1/2 grain increase in many loads and lil gun because it doesn't do anything 110 or aa9 wont do other then melting forcing cones. Whay would you even need bluedot when theres powders like hs6 and 2400. Now 2400 is some bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Blue dot is like bacon. Our civilization could not exist without it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    More likely clear celluloid dyed red...so they burn............however ,under a convention all nitro explosives have microdots included ,so the residue can be ID d by the FBI,after the nitro burns or whatever.These dots are made of dozens of layers of different coloured material,which is a code ,to ID manufacturer and batch lot ,and so who the end user was.
    Quick, where's my tin foil hat!?

Banned

riginally Posted by john.k View Post

More likely clear celluloid dyed red...so they burn............however ,under a convention all nitro explosives have microdots included ,so the residue can be ID d by the FBI,after the nitro burns or whatever.These dots are made of dozens of layers of different coloured material,which is a code ,to ID manufacturer and batch lot ,and so who the end user was.
    wonder if that's where the micro dots the drug dealers used sell came from? maybe we were being tracked too?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have no blue but do love my red and green . . . but I have to honestly say that I've never given any thought as to whether the "dots" burn or not . . . . . . now I'm wondering if anyone her is OCD enough that they have measured their normal charges out with their favorite "dot" powders - then checked to make sure that each load they've measured out has he exact same number of dots? LOL

Boolit Master
    You might try shooting something besides pistols.
    H110 is a terrible powder for some uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I live just fine without it. powders that will never see the inside of my loading cabinet again are 700 and 800x because there to many powders that actually meter. Blue dot because its unstable when you try pushing it. It goes from mild to wild with just a 1/2 grain increase in many loads and lil gun because it doesn't do anything 110 or aa9 wont do other then melting forcing cones. Whay would you even need bluedot when theres powders like hs6 and 2400. Now 2400 is some bacon.
    EDG

Banned

gosh I didn't know that!! maybe by the time my second rodeo comes along______________. Im going to have to try reloading for one of those rifle or shotgun thingamagiggys too.
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    You might try shooting something besides pistols.
    H110 is a terrible powder for some uses.

Boolit Master
    2400 is my favorite as well, and I’m never buying another pound of Blue Dot. It’s way too peaky for me.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Banned

yup they should pull bluedot and lilgun right off the market. Might work great for shotgun loading but not so much in a brass case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    2400 is my favorite as well, and I’m never buying another pound of Blue Dot. It’s way too peaky for me.

Red Dot was introduced in 1932. How old was the FBI then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Don't ya think we are over thinking things a bit.

Boolit Master
    gosh I didn't know that!! maybe by the time my second rodeo comes along______________. Im going to have to try reloading for one of those rifle or shotgun thingamagiggys too.
    what is rifle?............ i know a shogun is a military leader of an asian province....oh....shotgun? ....not sure what that is.

Boolit Grand Master

What about the red, white(tan actually) and blue of RL7, the all American powder!
    Charter Member #148

If you mix Red Dot and Green Dot you get Christmas Dot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's precious.
    However, it's the same mentality the libtards here in Krazy Kalifornia used to effectively ban handguns using the microstamping Catch 22.

No new guns allowed to be sold unless they are on the "safe roster"
    "Safe roster": Must include microstamping AND it must be proven to work
    Gun manufacturers: No gun can do that

State: Not my problem, banned from public sales (unless you are a cop).

Then again, you probably don't have to think about it down under, everything is banned.