RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Tokarev + W296... YESSSS!

Tokarev + W296... YESSSS!

I've got a little CZ52 that shoots the 7.62 x 25 Tokarev round. This has been a challenging round to reload for. I've had all kinds of trouble with it.

First, I tried Unique and I was getting signs of high pressure before I could even get the gun to cycle and it had horrible accuracy. So, then A2400. I found a nice load that made the gun shoot straight and it cycled properly, etc. BUT it was a PB design so I kept it a little slow.

I recently got a mold that casts 85 grain GC boolits from Accurate. I told them to leave the lube grove off since I PC them anyway. So, they drop right around 90 grain. Then I recently bought a keg of W296, so I thought - should work. So I researched and found a guy that made a Youtube video of shooting W296 from his Tok...

This evening I shot some of my reloads and I got to the 2nd hottest round before seeing signs of pressure, but the previous step had GREAT accuracy! It shoots so straight, burns clean and feels nice. It also has some serious muzzle flash. I'll chrono them eventually, but it is supersonic for sure and probably in the 1400-1500 fps range.

The pic shows one little 90 grain 30 cal next to my 240 grain 44 cal...
    Attachment 235241
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Try power pistol. Slow powders, its all flash and muzzle blast. I am getting 1400fps out of a NOE 117gr powder coated using Power pistol.