Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: online handle/username

The first three Subs I rode in the Navy were old WWII diesel boats aka "Sewer Pipes" or "Pigboats" because of the smell.

Boolit Master
    Needed a nickname so I adopted my Grandfather's. His first gun was a Remington Model 4 rolling block that he bought in 1907 when he was 16-- and my first gun was that same Remington that he gave me in 1955 when I was 9. I still have it and my grandchildren have shot it and will eventually inherit it.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

When I was a little kid (MANY decades ago!), I would repeat what others said. And there was a song around at the time called 'Little Sir Echo', so the family started calling me Echo - and it stuck...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    Used to be on a local 4x4 forum, used my last name spelled backwards, no one could read it correctly so it never stuck. Well I worked at a crappy little equipment rental shop for a while and picked up a free mcculloch chainsaw, one day out 4Xing a tree was across the trail, I (eventually) got the crappy saw running, cut the tree out of the trail, my buddy Mike looked at me and said “Chainsaw”. Its stuck since, everyone of that era calls me Chainsaw, even my buddy Mikes Kids now, to whom Im “Uncle Chainsaw”. And my other buddy Eric who introduced me to my Wife, he told her my nick name was Chainsaw, she said to him “I dont want to meet your stupid friend named Chainsaw!” Well, she’s snoring next to me now, so I guess the name didnt bother her that much.

Oh, and only after I gained that nickname did I then get into tree work, that adds to the confusion!

Boolit Master

Thanks redhawk0.
    I didn`t see my shadow here in SW Oregon on my birthday.
    I`m hoping for an early spring to get over on the east side to shoot sage rats...dale

Boolit Master

There was already a pworley.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    My handle is my grandfathers name. A coal miner from Pennsylvania who enlisted in the Army prior to WWII. Went from N. Africa through France. Retired as a Sgt.

Thanks,
    Isaac

Boolit Master
    I am a fixer, as in I tend to fix whatever I get my hands on. A lot of people have me on their short list of who to call when something breaks, and I enjoy making things which is just an extension of all the other stuff, so I figured mr. Fixit would be fitting, and it later got shortened to just plain fixit.

Boolit Man
    I used to 4 wheel a ford ranger around the continental divide Hunting and camping.

and am a Ford nut.

I was referred to as "Officer LaPoint, the chubby one." in court by the defense attorney right before I gave testimony that sent his client to prison. A couple of my partners were in court and the nick name stuck.

I like chili!

Boolit Bub
    Back in my younger days, I ran heavy equipment, I ran scrapers and heavy earth movers, the company I worked for called them "Pans". The number on the side of mine was 213.

Boolit Grand Master
    Rockrat-----Geologist-------Its also was my Road Name in our H.O.G. chapter.

Boolit Master
    It was a Sign! I was driving home from a trip to town and right there on the side of the road "Mal Paso Creek Bridge" There was another local guy who did well with that name, probably got it the same place. My favorite target gun is a S&W 629 6" half lug, not blue but close in style.

My Carmel address is amusing too. I'm a bit South of town, up a dirt road, on a ridge in Big Sur. Winds were over 100 mph a couple days ago. I turned out the lights before the power went out as watching the windows bow and flex was unnerving. Still my post office is Carmel.

And what's better than having "Bad" for a first name?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Cast Boolits Owner

Ruger single shot rifles.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

I really can't remember how I picked up the handle of Hickory, but the kids I went camping with when I was 8 or 9 years old started calling me that and I have been called that by my closest friends for 60 years.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Super6, I am a pyro and 6" ball shells are my favorite to build.
    Last edited by super6; 07-16-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Banned
    I had a friend (now deceased) who used to play word games all the time (yeah he was a strange duck) Larry was his name. Well Larry was on a spell naughty words backwards kick. Puke became "ekup" And guess what "traf" came from (don't want to spell it out...might get banned) Anyway a person who traffs is a "traffer". As long as no one knows where the word came from, it sounds pretty good. Now that you know how I got it I am sure I will lose what little respect I have left on Castboolits. Sigh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I really can't remember how I picked up the handle of Hickory, but the kids I went camping with when I was 8 or 9 years old started calling me that and I have been called that by my closest friends for 60 years.
    Hahahaha...A Hickory Handle. Yup good ax will have a hickory handle.

Boolit Master
    Sigma Phi Epsilon is my fraternity and we are known as SigEps or a SigEp. 1764 is my pin number from particular chapter. My nickname was and still is Rev. I had a 1989 Dodge Dakota with straight pipes and when I revved it up it shot flames out the pipes.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast