Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: online handle/username

Boolit Master
    I work in a historical building and had an uncle that went by Dusty that did a lot of wood working. During the extensive renovation of the building, I was walking down a stairway and running my hand on the bannister to keep from slipping on the debris on the steps. Reached the bottom and looked at my hand and thought, that is one dusty bannister. I still go places most others do not so still find the dusty bannister.

Boolit Master

While in the Army, many couldn't pronounce my last name, so was just called Sgt O. When another "O" was assigned to my section, they would call out Sgt O, and both of us would answer. Because I was taller, they just changed me to Big O. When I started getting online, I needed a screen name, I didn't want to use Big O, (didn't want it to sound sexual) so I changed it to Omega, when available, otherwise O-Mega.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master

I retired as an electrical Lineman. I spent the last 25 years as a Serviceman. Basically the guy that kept the lights on. My customers called me Lightman.

Boolit Buddy
    Wanted the name charlietuna, my name plus nick name, but it was taken. Tried using a number, the program took it, wouldn't let me change it, so....

While playing Hearts my "good friends" said "Sorry, Charlie" as they dumped the Queen of Spades (negative 13 points) on me. Since that line was used in the Starkist Tuna commercials, I became "tuna."

Banned
    Because I own nearly 500 reloading presses. Plus 1000's of scales, powder measures and other tools.

Boolit Master
    What can I say..............I love wine.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    The first new Harley I bought, had a few used ones before It.

My savage 99 in 300 savage,as we have letters first on our rego/licence plate.It became sav300

Boolit Master
    Many years ago I visited a friend who worked at a desk just inside the front door of his business. As I walked in I saw he was kicked back in a reclining chair and was all spread out in it. That made him look even wider than he was. I eased up to him and said "Lard ***." He grinned and answered "thin man." It kinda stuck.

Old Joe Clark is the name of a Bluegrass tune. I am not old yet, (only 75), hence the "Ole."

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Master
    I really enjoy casting lead, and I was born on April 1st. I only use this on this forum. I really don't cast boolits all that often, only have one caliber I cast for, at this time.

We lived in Woodland Park Colorado for a while growing up, when I was about 12 dad and I were out rabbit hunting in some knee deep snow. We split up for a bit with a plan to meet at this old deadfall pine that was one of our landmarks. Little while later, I'm coming up to the tree and see Dad sitting there leaned back against it. I didn't call out because I figured he heard me trudging along. When in went to sit on the log, it moved and startled him. He looks up at me and goes "**** boy, you snuck up on me like some sort of... Snow ninja!"

I know Dad said that just to be nice cause I was always practicing trying to move silently through the woods. Pretty sure the real reason was because he was a little hard of hearing and probably also taking a nap...

Either way, I liked the way it sounded and it's been my login handle on pretty much everything with sometimes a variation at the end like Snowninja13 cause my birthdays on the 13th and I've always considered it my lucky number.

Boolit Master
    I hunt a lot, but ducks have always been my favorite. This past season was my 54th. When I signed up here, the site said quack was taken so I added the 1.

Boolit Master

I adopted a dog named King from a shelter. He was a great dog but a little mischievous from time to time. He would always give you that innocent look so he was dubbed "Baby Face Finster" after the Bugs Bunny character. It got shortened to Finster and that was his name for the next seven years. 101 because Finster seems to be a popular name.

Boolit Buddy

Wife's first name, never seen or heard it anywhere else, kinda one of a kind thing.

Moderator Emeritus

Mine is from David Eddings books The Belgariad. What Garion called his many times removed grandfather. Was my gaming handle for a long time. No time for computer games anymore.

it was the cheat code to Deer Hunter computer game for some that was not much in to computers in the 90's , I still remember it and a forum is about as close to a computer game as I get

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Old Joe Clark is the name of a Bluegrass tune. I am not old yet, (only 75), hence the "Ole."

Have a blessed day,

Leon
    My wife learned to play the bluegrass mandolin. One of her exercise pieces was "Old Joe Clarke". I tried to post an mp3 of it but it wasn't an "approved" extension on the forum. She played multiple parts and mixed them together for her track. She did real good for only playing 2 years.
    I wish I could post it.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    I like to do a lot of camping and the year I was born.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    First name and first letter of last name, easy for an old guy to remember.
    me too
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast