MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Look what followed me home

Look what followed me home

Went to a local gun show today and these two orphans followed me home. The same guy and his wife had both of them and some other very good deals as well. I can resist anything but temptation!!! He made me a "put up or shut up price" and here are the results- a model 33 and a model 10-5. Both are about as close to new as I have seen. Just think; there was a time when I thought only a girlfriend made me feel this way!Attachment 235129Attachment 235130
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Murf those as nice as any I have seen not new. Congratulations on your find.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Darn nice something like that could follow me home anytime. Congrats.

Murf205,

That Model 10. I'm a sucker for a Model 10 with a 4" pencil barrel. I can't think of a better, lighter packing, "I'll be needin' that for squirrels and such" pistol.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Very nice. I found a 66-67 vintage 10-5 a couple years ago that was also pristine, likely a bedside gun. Think i paid about $375 for it. Very accurate and enjoyable with wadcutters.

Thanks guys, the same man had a mod 19 4" in the same condition but I ran out of $ after I bought these. He had some REALLY nice Smith and Wessons reasonably priced- a 17, a 48, a 586 with silhouette sights, a 4" nickel 586, and a lot more. It sucks to run out of $ before you scratch all your itches!
    I think I might shoot the model 33. The model 10 is almost a 99% gun, I might have to think that one over before I build a fire in it. I've got a 2" nickel pre-10 and a pre-14 6" if I need to shoot a 38 spl. BTW, both guns have the corresponding serial #'s on the stocks.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

oh man, really nice. And a 48 laying there, what a table! james

He had about 20 Smith & Wessons on the table, all from the mid 50's to the mid 80's. All of them were on 95% or better condition. Another man had a suitcase FULL of S&W's including 2 unturned model 57's in nickel with consecutive serial #'s, cased. He was a bit too pricey for me but he had some really beautiful pieces, most of which were unturned with factory letters. They are a collectors dream but I am a shooter at heart and cant afford to play in that league anyway.

Boolit Grand Master
    Somebody would have to break my arm to keep me from reaching for my wallet when I saw that .32.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

That model 10 needs to get broken in. Send it down and I'll do the dirty work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Attachment 235198
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Somebody would have to break my arm to keep me from reaching for my wallet when I saw that .32.
    Uh...its a38 s&w. I found its litter mate a couple of yrs ago in the 32. A gentleman asked me if I thought it was worth $240, and I said "well.... I guess so", and tried not to be too eager but you know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    That model 10 needs to get broken in. Send it down and I'll do the dirty work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    You are very kind to offer such a nasty task.

Great finds! I hope the local gun show in the upcoming couple of weeks has some goodies. I was disappointed last year, that’s for sure. Nothing beats a nice model 10 with matching stocks, just add a Tyler T and have a great time at the range.

Attachment 235235Probably right, I'll have to shoot the 10 in the future. I have some boolits from an Accurate Molds that Tom built a while back and it is a masterpiece of work. It makes boolits that shoot great in anything you stuff them in. AND...they are .3615 to .362 as they drop and powder coat so they will work with the mod 33 which slugs .361.

Boolit Master
    Love those old K frame revolvers. Older model 10 HB I've had for over 24 years and a newer model 15 with the adjustable sights. Seems I shoot the M 10 a lot less than I used to but for some funny reason it talks to me. Originally from NY and went back up there for some stuff after I retired. Stopped off in a good friends shop and asked if he had any model 10 hbs. Pulled out a large cardboard box full of them. $100 a piece take your pick. One of the guys saw me with the box and said I couldn't handle them unless I showed him my permit. Gave him my Louisiana
    CCW and he shows it to his boss my friend. Give it back I've known him for years. Picked out the one I wanted and handed him a copy of my buddy's ffl. Gun got home before I did. Been with me ever since. The M15 got at a local gun show for $300. Since just about everyone wants the newest plastic fantastic wonder gun the older revolvers usually sell way less. The worst ones I ever saw were some nickled M10's from the Baton Rouge PD. Floppy cylinders, more rust than nickle and definitely now worth what they were asking. Frank