Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webcam for scales?

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, Lee mentioned in regards to electronic scales when they don’t make any? Haters gonna hate for no reason and a bias is on full display. Hate for Lee is usually misplaced and this time it certainly is.

All you fellas with your panties in a twist might try to replace the word 'hate' with a more descriptive word that's easier on your sensibilities...a word that won't pull your trigger, try 'dislike' or 'detest'.

All the manufacturers have made products in the past that I dislike and you will not find them in my shop, like Lloyd, I learned by trying 'some' of them...some manufacturers make more of those detestable items than others...take LEE for example!

hehehehehe
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned

Funny how to some if they themselves don't like something its an educated opinion. But if someone doesn't like what they like its HATE. Real funny thing is that most times that educated opinion isn't so educated or is borrowed from someone else. Want my opinion on lyman?? Its probably going to raise more hairs then my opinion of lee. Lee actually makes some cool stuff. there dies I like, the bullet sizing dies are something that they do that nobody else does. I still prefer there primer tool to anyone elses on the market. I allways have a couple of there hand presses in the drawer. But OsOk hate is probably an accurate description of my opinion on the pro 1000 and loadmasters. You can include the PLASTIC scales and powder measures in there too. Had a buddy who wanted to start loading. I told him that before he dumped a lot of money into he should see if he actually was going to pursue it seriously. I told him to buy one of those lee kits with an o press and about everything you need to load a round for around a 100 bucks. Told him the press would be serviceable for what he wanted to load and how much even if he did find he wanted to keep doing it. When it arrived he called me over to help him get started. I looked at that scale and measure and laughed. Tossed them right in the trash can and went home and grabbeds a spare rcbs scale and a lyman measure I didn't use anymore. Those two pieces would have been right at home in the chemistry set I got for chirstmas back in the 60s or for a kid that wants to pretend to load for his cap gun.

That said even they are better then a lee progressive. Like I said I myself wasted money and bought both of those presses when I was younger and didn't know better. Funny thing is many who buy them think nothing of spend thousands on a boat, atv, motorcycle ect and wouldn't even consider buying some piece of plastic chrome for them or heading down the road in there pickup on recapped tires. You can buy a Dillon 550 for less then the price of a mid grade bolt action rifle before you even shell out for a scope or the price of one new glock. If this hobby is a serious one to you then its a no brainer to me. Ive already made the mistake for you. let me save you 2-3oo bucks of your hard earned money. Buy good to start with and have a laugh on me at my stupidity. Ill even let you call me names or say im a HATER.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    I use a borescope with a tablet to confirm powder charges when loading pistol rounds when doing progressive reloading
    So, I bought the 5.5mm endoscope with 5 meter cord - delivered for less than $11.00. "Works" the battery of the phone though. Heats the battery up pretty good. Probably a battery "life" of 45 to 60-minutes before the phone will need to be recharged. So, a couple of hundred powder charges prior to a phone recharge - and that is probably stretching the truth a bit.

The suitability of the endoscope for remotely viewing the powder scale is 100%. There are some logistical issues with setting the endoscope up to view the scale, but it will always be thus with any camera.

Perhaps the wide(r) view of a Tablet would be more suitable. That is a "test" to report another day.

Is there a way to power the phone while using the endoscope?

Can I turn off the LED's on the endoscope while continuing to use its camera?

The instructions with the endoscope are useless for answering these questions.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123